Thread: CCLD 301
View Single Post
Unread 10-27-2008, 04:55 PM
wachelwachel

Hi, this is what I have put for my answer:

K3M156 Relevant legal requirements and procedures covering confidentiality and the disclosure of information

This is covered by the data protection act 1998, this is designed to prevent confidential and personal information from being passed on without a parents consent. Information should only be shared with the people who are directly involved with the child i.e. the parents, named carer, staff members who work with the child, the head teacher and any agency who may be involved.

K3D157 Relevant legal requirements covering the needs of disabled children and those with special educational needs

This includes all of the rights as stated by the United Convention of the Rights of a Child but also these children have the right to be treated with dignity as well as the right to a good education. A child with brittle bones will be allowed to participate in P.E. sessions, a child in a wheelchair will be given the same opportunities and be able to participate in the same activities as an able bodied child for example during a game of football the child in the wheelchair could join in by using a stick or a bat to hit the ball with. A child with learning difficulties will be given the chance to a full and varied education, in an environment where they are not segregated from others for example during a numeracy lesson the child can be supported to join in and then given work appropriate to their needs. A child with a disability or those with special educational needs will be treated as an individual but as equally as another.

I hope this helps you.

Rachel

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 06-10-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Added link