Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Explain theoretical perspectives on emotional well-being. Consider:pshyological perspectives (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19723)

benlucy37 03-14-2015 07:31 PM

Explain theoretical perspectives on emotional well-being. Consider:pshyological perspectives

really cant seem to put this in to words Im not sure how to word it I am doing this course with Stonebridge level 3 early years educator its unit 1.4 any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated

thanks

Ruthierhyme 03-15-2015 11:24 AM

Hi, a warm welcome to the site

From Stonebridge.uk.com

Unit 1.4 WB (T/505/9811) Promote children’s emotional well-being

The learning outcomes for this unit are:
  • Understand children’s needs in relation to emotional well-being.
  • Understand the requirements for promoting emotional well-being in relation to current frameworks.
  • Understand the needs of children during transition and significant events.
  • Be able to promote the emotional well-being of children in own setting.
Quote from page 53 Early Years Educator for the work-based learner Penny Tassoni 2014

Psychological perspectives
Most psychologists believe children's well-being comes principally from their relationship with adults in the earliest years of their life. These relationships are known as attachments. From feeling loved and nurtured by their parents and also those who play a significant role in their lives, they can go onto develop other relationships as well as manage the more difficult challenges that life brings. Strong and positive relationships with adults also seem to play a part in developing children's self esteem and resilience.

The book recommends greater research into how these relationships help guide, influence and support children in managing their feelings and behaviour, friendships, morality, self-awareness and self-concept, confidence and self-esteem, personality, and the factors that affect children's personal, social and emotional development: openness/intellect, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, neuroticism

This thread links to resources about attachment theory - John Bowlby and Mary Ainsworth.

Hth, best wishes

l24kez 06-02-2015 10:50 AM

did you manage to answer this question? im still struggling to put it onto paper (on computer but u know what i mean lol) i understand it and get it but just cant seem to get it started in words. any help would be great x:banghead:

Louisep18 12-30-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l24kez (Post 59530)
did you manage to answer this question? im still struggling to put it onto paper (on computer but u know what i mean lol) i understand it and get it but just cant seem to get it started in words. any help would be great x:banghead:

Did you manage to complete this question? Im a little stuck! Louise

Louisep18 12-30-2017 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benlucy37 (Post 59177)
really cant seem to put this in to words Im not sure how to word it I am doing this course with Stonebridge level 3 early years educator its unit 1.4 any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated

thanks

Did you manage to finish the question? Im a little stuck and could do with some help! Louise