Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guy Fawkes firework night 5.11.1605 (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Firework Pictures (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1599)

Miss Muffet 10-25-2006 09:38 PM

Firework Pictures

Here's a couple of pictures for the kids to try...

Paint big s's in pva all over a black/navy piece of paper and sprinkle with glitter to look like the shower from a rocket.

Alternatively, squeeze blobs of runny paint onto the paper and let the little uns blow it into shape with straws.

Good 'clean' fun! :D

-----------------------------
Additional reource sources ..

Firework photo
Firework splatt activity page
Hogwatch website - report your hedgehog sightings
Under5s.co.uk bonfire night resources & printables
The Gunpowder guy - book on amazon
Gelatin free - vegetarian marshmallows, please check a products listed ingredients before purchasing.
Vegetarian and vegan saugages for bonfire night pan frying

sarahnev707 10-25-2006 09:54 PM

firework pics

We love using different colour chalks on black paper - :soapbox: though finding black paper this year has gone from being a challenge to something of a nightmare! Only a little booklet of blackboard paper at Tesco - nothing A4 that was suitable except card which i'm not paying for!
Anyhow, we use the chalks to create the sparkles, lights and colours of the fireworks and they really stand out well. I have a 7 year old this week for half term as well as the usual 3 and 4 year olds and they've all loved this activity

Will try the paint one from miss muffett tomorrow thanks!

Miss Muffet 10-25-2006 09:56 PM

My pleasure - I'll be trying the chalk idea tomorrow!! :D

topaz glam 10-03-2008 01:09 PM

flick splatters of paint onto large, dark paper or use a paintbrush or toothbrush & run your fingers over it to spray the paint over the paper. To add extra sparkle you could sprinkle glitter over the paint before it dries.

Chloe 10-24-2008 06:13 PM

Fireworks

Were can I get some fireworks pictures for the children to colour in?
Also shooting stars and other fireworks to cut out?Any chance Ruth??:With love::applause:

cabin 10-24-2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahnev707 (Post 4122)
- :soapbox: though finding black paper this year has gone from being a challenge to something of a nightmare!

And I thought is was just me!!!!

oh pps just noticed this was posted in 2006!! well 2008 and I'm still having trouble !!!!!!!!!!!

xxx

Miss Muffet 10-24-2008 06:44 PM

Try these:

Rockets
Activity Village
2 pages worth!
MES
Kaboose
Colouring Pages
Scroll down to find
Scroll to Independence Day

I know that some of these are for 4th July and New Year, but fireworks are fireworks :D

The Fireworks Code can be found here.

Chloe 10-28-2008 09:52 PM

Fireworks

Thanks, got some lovely pictures for the children to colour in and cut out stars,rockets etc for them to make a fireworks picture:applause::applause: