Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 10-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

susiepoo is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Cyp 3.3 Tasks 1-7

Please can somebody advise me on where to start for this unit. I've looked at these questions over the last week and spent hours yesterday and a few hours today googling for answers to these questions. I was hoping today to start writing. This was homework which was sent to candidates during the summer holidays but for some reason, 2 candidates (including me) were deleted from the tutor's email addresses. After a visit to my setting 2 weeks ago I then recieved the work.

I've been told all work needs to be completed by the end of this week. I've sent my two little girls to a care scheme for two days so I can get on with it but it's now 3pm on Fri and I haven't written a thing. It really is a big chunk of work. My head is pickled. I think I'll start with 1.1 then move on to researching 2.1 then 3.1 etc but I've totally pickled my brain and will have to try and clear it until tomorrow if my girls give me chance. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Right now, I feel like crying as I've gotten nowhere yet been on it since 9.30 this morning. Haven't even had a cup of tea since. and I feel sick & dizzy now for looking at this computer screen for so long.
P.S I'm so sorry for this rambling.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi

i have also completed cyp 3.3 ( tasks 2-7), i used the books:

Sussex Child Protection and Safeguarding Procedures Volume 1 and there is a volume 2 book just put this into google because you can download it.

Working together to safeguard children 2010 which is the link below
https://www.education.gov.uk/publica...2010DOM-EN.PDF

These helped me tremendously and everything became more clearer, hope they help you.

I am always willing to help if you get stuck

Lynne
Unread 11-01-2011, 11:14 PM

mich1973 is on a distinguished road

Hi
I am really struggling on this section cyp 3.3
I have done task 1.1 but as for 1.2 i really cant get started, i find the question confusing and not sure what is relevent?? I have read through "working together to safeguard children and understand the principles but not sure if that is what the question is asking! can anyone help?
Unread 11-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

curley is on a distinguished road

hi i have the same problem, have u any extra information for myself, i can't believe the amount of work in this 3.3 assignment i hav 3 kids including a baby at 6 months she is being neglected and i am doing this course......any extra information for completing this assignment would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 11-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by curley View Post
wouldnt allow me to download education.gov.uk
Hi, you can also download the pdfs from the publication pages ..

Working together to safeguard children - right click over the pdf link and choose 'save target as' this will enable you to download the file to your computer/laptop and then open it at your own convenience.

What to do if you're worried a child is being abused

CAF - common assessment framework

If you're concerned your family is suffering maybe a new study schedule or guidance from your course provider would help?
the cost of ad blockers

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 11-03-2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: added download suggestion
Unread 11-02-2011, 10:36 PM

mich1973 is on a distinguished road
Default Cyp3.3

I used the NSPCC inform sheet on the first question about legislation very helpful byt so long 8 pages on this form I written far to much for this one i am sure.
1.2 Have have put about Safeguarding is to help prevent abuse and child protection is when a childs rights have been infringed. Hope this helps
Trying to start 3.3 now
Drawing a blank though!!! I have read so much information my head is spinning and have had a headache for three days!!!!
Unread 11-21-2011, 12:36 PM

kayla is on a distinguished road

hi curley i have the same problem i have 3 kids including a 7month old and this unit seems to be taking up so much time it does feel like your neglecting them. i dont know how much info is needed for each question so i dnt knw if im putting to much or nt enuf. have you done 1.5 at all as im strggling to gather info.
Unread 11-21-2011, 01:04 PM

pogopatterson is on a distinguished road
Whoop whoop - yayy CYP 3.3 task 1.5

Hi Kayla - this is mine - signed off too xx - hope it helps x

An explanation of how the processes used by own work setting or service comply with legislation that covers data protection, informational handling and sharing.

In work settings, staff are made aware of the confidentiality policy which complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. This policy ensures that all practitioners working in a setting can do so with confidence, they will respect confidentiality in many ways such as, information about children will be shared with parents but only about their child. Parents should not have access to any other child’s books, marks and progress at any time, especially at parents’ evening. However, parents should be aware that information about their child will be shared with the receiving school when they leave the setting.

All personal information about children, including social services records should be regarded as confidential. It should be clearly understood by those who have access to it, and whether those concerned have access to all, or only some of the information. Practitioners will not discuss individual children with people other than the parents of that child, information given by parents to practitioners will not be passed on to third parties, unless they have obtained parental consent. Should there be a child protection matter concerning the parent then the Data Protection Act allows an allegation without consent, for example to apprehend or prosecute an offender, to detect or prevent a crime.

Personnel issues will remain confidential to the people involved. Any anxieties and/ or evidence relating to a child's personal safety will be kept in a confidential file and will not be shared within the setting except for the child's key worker and Manager. All information regarding the children in the setting are kept in a locked fireproof box.
Unread 12-05-2011, 02:11 PM

kayla is on a distinguished road
Smile

thak you
that really did help i was unsure about that question for so long and now i can hand in to complete unit thank you again
Unread 12-10-2011, 09:01 PM

susiepoo is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much Lynne, I'm going to take your advice when I tackle 3-7. I'v only just completed task 2 but I'm going to come back to task 3 another day. Thanks again, I'll let you know how i get on
x x x