Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 06-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road
Default creativity cypop 30

hi again
ive got to write what the difference is between formal and informal creative activity, is it that formal is more structured (set up activity) and adult led and that informal is allowing the children to be creative in what ever way they want any help would be great thanks x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kirsty is on a distinguished road

Ive put that Formal creative activities are what you do for and with other people, for example:
drama groups, music groups, art classes, creative writing groups, discussion/debating groups, fashion design classes, architectural design/drawing.

Informal creative activities are what you do by yourself, for your self, for example:
creative thinking, cooking, baking, flower arranging, decorating, compute gaming

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:18 PM

thanks for that x
Unread 06-03-2011, 05:27 PM

PeePe is on a distinguished road

I am also doing this one at the min.....

I see this one as formal being regulated and with specific aims, briefs, guidelines and rules. i.e. taught classes and sessions. In practice I see this as adult led or planned activities with a common outcome or goal.

Informal I see as subject to an individual's interpretation and own personal preferences. Fir example, give children the same ingredients to cook with and they are unlikely to use them in the same ways and flower arranging, how many arrangements are identical when made by different people ( a child or young person may prefer cutting stems shorter and arranging in a basket whereas another may prefer to arrange using longer stems in a taller vessel.

So I think the difference is that one is limited in outcome and potential and has the potential to be unique and subject to individual creativity.

================================================== ===================
If you're reading this post kindly submitted by a silkysteps forum member
Do not copy and paste it.
AVOID PLAGIARISM

Read it only, inform your knowledge and find links to creditable sources that you can quote.
Then write from your own perspective using your own words to reflect professional practice & research
================================================== ===================
Unread 06-03-2011, 06:14 PM

hi peepe thats kind of what i have wrote and also that informal with what they learn from their family and neighbours and what they learn through the environment they are in such as library and through play x
Unread 06-03-2011, 08:59 PM

PeePe is on a distinguished road

Yes... my brain is hurting now.... I can't wait to get it all finished... is driving me insane! I'm going to spend loads of time with my kids after I've completed the Diploma, Is soooo full on I fell like I've not surfaced since September and have hardly spent any quality time with them what with working full time, coursework attending college and other commitments..... last few to go , but the optionals are just nasty unless they are the one in the text book.

Anyway good luck with the rest of your assignments.
Unread 08-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Tonibone is on a distinguished road

if you look in your standards (questions) at the back of each unit it tells you what it means. Ie Formal is highlighted so there will be more info to help you further on. list of questions then little extras to help
Unread 08-24-2011, 11:53 AM

Charlie101 is on a distinguished road

Hi Wendy Bob and everyone else,
Just wondering if you can help me out on question 1.1
Explain evidence, approaches and theories about the benefits of creativity for well being of C and YP.
Completed the other questions but this has stumped me!
Thanks
Unread 08-24-2011, 11:59 AM

hi Charlie,

i wrote a little about each of the following

Sir Ken Robinson
Edward De Bono
Welsberg
Gardner
Steiner
Sternberg
Montessori
Reggio Emilia
Hign Scope
hope this helps x
Unread 02-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

tracie is on a distinguished road
Default cypop 30 formal and informal :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeePe View Post

I see this one as formal being regulated and with specific aims, briefs, guidelines and rules. i.e. taught classes and sessions. In practice I see this as adult led or planned activities with a common outcome or goal.

Informal I see as subject to an individual's interpretation and own personal preferences. Fir example, give children the same ingredients to cook with and they are unlikely to use them in the same ways and flower arranging, how many arrangements are identical when made by different people ( a child or young person may prefer cutting stems shorter and arranging in a basket whereas another may prefer to arrange using longer stems in a taller vessel.

So I think the difference is that one is limited in outcome and potential and has the potential to be unique and subject to individual creativity.
A very good break down of the criteria, I agree with you !