Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 05-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

katt is on a distinguished road
Help SOS CYPW level 3 diploma rate and sequence of development?

I just cant seem to get my head around this part of unit 1 1.2
explain difference's between sequence and rate of development and why it's important.

any info would be great thanks..

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi
There's a good book called Level 3 Diploma Children and Young People's Workforce (Early Learning and Childcare) Candidate Handbook (Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce)
By
Penny Tassoni

you can buy it from amazon for around £20

really worth buying if you have only just started.

This is what i wrote;

Sequence means that there is a definite pattern to a child developing e.g. a toddler being able to walk before they can run.
Rate means the speed in which a child develops.
When a child develops if they achieve this by sequencing it enables you to plan effectively and at the right time.
When recording the rate of development it helps you to identify any concerns that you may have within the development area, this enables you to further investigate why this is happening.

Hope it helps
Lynne
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

gracygrey is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Do you have the Penny Tassoni book which accompanies this course? If not it would be very beneficial. It has really helped me.
Sequence of development - think about how a child develops physically and mentally from birth, rolls over, sits up unaided, crawls, walks, babbles, forms words, starts sentences etc.. there is a general sequence although some may skip some stages altogether such as not crawling and going staight to pulling themselves up and walking, older children go through puberty etc..
Rate of development is when they do it, every child is different, some may walk at 12 months or earlier some not until later, again children reach puberty at different stages etc..
Hope some of that makes sense, I am only a newbie to all this and I am sure you will get other more thorough answers from the lovely people here.

Good luck