Link the principles and values underpinning the CCLD sector to your work. Eg Value 4 Children's health and well-being are actively promoted. The setting provides healthy snacks for the children to help themselves throughout the day.
1. The welfare of the child is paramount.
2. Practitioners contribute to children’s care, learning and development and this is reflected in every aspect of practice and service provision.
3. Practitioners work with parents and families who are partners in the care, learning and development of their children and are the child’s first
4. and most enduring educators.
1. The needs, rights and views of the child are at the centre of all practice and provision.
2. Individuality, difference and diversity are valued and celebrated.
3. Equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice are actively promoted.
4. Children’s health and well-being are actively promoted.
5. Children’s personal and physical safety is safeguarded, whilst allowing for risk and challenge as appropriate to the capabilities of the child.
6. Self-esteem, resilience and a positive self-image are recognised as essential to every child’s development.
7. Confidentiality and agreements about confidential information are respected as appropriate unless a child’s protection and well-being are at stake.
8. Professional knowledge, skills and values are shared appropriately in order to enrich the experience of children more widely.
9. Best practice requires reflection and a continuous search for improvement.