Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 09-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Enyajeemia is on a distinguished road
Help SOS SCH 33 - 2.1 - Codes of practice relating to Discrimination.

SCH 33 - 2.1 Explain how legislation and codes of practice relating to equality, diversity and discrimination apply to own work role.

Hello!
I answered this question and submitted based on various answers i found on here, which I thought helped greatly - turns out all the legislations and codes of practice I wrote down are out of date and/or no longer valid!!!!

Ive been told as a starter to include these two:

• Equality Act 2010
• SEND 2014

Can anyone explain HOW these relate to equality, diversity and discrimination? Ive tried looking them up online but just finding a document of 30000000 pages isnt helping! Banging my head against a wall!!

Thanks xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-24-2014, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, I think the only document linked to on the forum that refers to the separate acts before the equality act of 2010 brought them all together is the 2005 workbook from skills for justice other than this it contains much supportive reading.

The two acts you mention are all about equality, diversity, not-discriminating, the services and support you can expect to find available both nationally and the setups you'll find in your setting through its policies and procedures.

The equality act sets law on discrimination meaning it is unlawful to discriminate against any individual based on their age, race & skin colour, gender sex, religion faith, sexual orientation. Putting this anti-disciminative law into practice enables setting's to look into diversity, understand it, see the importance of equal opportunity and take steps to ensure everyone is treated the same - no individual feels unfavaroubly treated and has the chance to join in and flourish - early years outcomes

SEND 2014 came into force 24 days ago so yes sorry the threads refering to older SEN documentation are now dated. You can read the SEND guidance for early years here to see how it supports, promotes and protects the rights of individuals living with disability and specific learning needs.

If possible ask your course provider for some literature on this so you can research more effectively.

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers