Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 05-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Izzyfanta is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone

I am just about to start this and am too finding it hard to get my head around. has anyone now completed this and have any tips ?. I am doing physical Dev and psed but struggling on how to present it all or how to start. ?. Thanks x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-25-2016, 01:08 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

kerryt21 is on a distinguished road

Hi. I'm also doing physical development and speech!! What are the ages that you chose, and what activities did you observe them on?

x
Unread 05-25-2016, 11:24 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

You do 4 observations on each child focussing on one area of development. It has got NOTHING to DO WITH AN ACTIVITY you are observing the changes and development of that child. Make sure you use the checklist include theory, evaluate the methods. Cache are lookng at every ls they see.
Unread 05-25-2016, 11:27 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Longitudinal observations can be snapshots of 5-30 min observations every 15 mins or so over a day or two when you are trying to asses a child's behaviour cognitive development or to ascertain what is causing the upset, delay or withdrawl. this is sometimes the best option.

Good luck

hope it helps
DONT GIVE WRONG ADVICE THIS IS NOT THE TASK.

ignore this people
Unread 05-25-2016, 11:27 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

prettyclueless is on a distinguished road

"It has got NOTHING to DO WITH AN ACTIVITY you are observing the changes and development that child."

I'm sorry, I'm being thick, what do you mean?
Unread 06-18-2016, 05:34 PM

shan252 is on a distinguished road

Hi ive just started my longitudinal study and im really struggling with where to start? Do you have to have a specific aim for each child? or just work from one observation to the next with your next steps? I was thinking for a child 1y-1y 11m to use physical development and for another child 2y-2y 11m to use speech language and communication? But again i am unsure of what observation methods to use and how to relate it? Ive tried looking for examples but I am really struggling! :( if you could help me i'd be extremely grateful!
Unread 06-18-2016, 05:46 PM

shan252 is on a distinguished road

can anyone help me with my longitudinal study as im really struggling to start it! ive chosen physical development child aged 20m and speech language and communication for a child 28m? I'm struggling to choose observation methods and generally how to write it all up! Any help id be extremely grateful! I've looked online but im struggling to find any real help or examples?
Unread 06-20-2016, 08:32 AM
Contributor

Leegreen is on a distinguished road

I'm one observation in and could do with any advice you have. How did you get on? I'm struggling to understand all of the planning sheets etc. To me it looks like you have to observe the activity you've planned but like you say that doesn't always fit in with the type of observation...
I'm struggling with all of the paperwork plus my actual work paperwork. I just struggle to get everything done.
My first study is on a 4 year old boy looking at PSED. I have done a time sample to see who he interacts with and in what part of the setting. From this I can see he really only plays with 1 other boy and wherever they play it involves some sort of construction for example making swords with the magnet sticks in the book corner. How can I next step it?
Unread 11-22-2016, 11:40 AM

claire16c is on a distinguished road

Ive now completed the studies amd my tutor has marked them all as ok, but I need to do the critical evaluations as we didnt do this at the time. Im now almost at the end of module 3 and having to go back and do it!