Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 07-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

JenB is on a distinguished road
General question Unit 15 1.1 about EYFS

Hi everybody,
I'm I'm trying to work ahead of my course and got stuck right at the beginning of unit 15
The question is:

How the range of early years settings reflects the scope and purpose of the sector

I just don't understand the whole question. Maybe I should take a few days break, but my tutor is coming on Tuesday and I want to hand it in to her.

All help is much appreciated :-)

Jen

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-28-2012, 05:36 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

theres loads of different sorts of settings like play work and childminders....why?
Unread 07-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

JenB is on a distinguished road

but what's the scope and purpose of the setting???
Sorry, I am not working in a nursery I am an Au pair and volunteer in a nursery twice a week but they are shut over the summer holidays so I can't ask them :-/
Unread 07-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

mother theresa is on a distinguished road

different people need different kinds of childcare some parents like to stay with their children while they play so use mother and toddler groups some need full or part time care because they work or go to college so use private nurseries that charge, some are able to use a creche where the work so it is convenient, some use the local playgroup because once they are 3 years old it is free so the can afford to send their child their regular in a safe and friendly environment but which follows the eyfs so they are learning at the same time some use childminders as they can provide care for parents who work unsociable hours so they can provide night care hope this helps