Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 01-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Rustiz is on a distinguished road
Default Attachment and positive relationships for children in residential childcare

Hey everyone! Firstly I want to give a massive thanks to everyone here, this place has become my go to place to help guide me with my qualification! It's so difficult sometimes putting what you know into words and the forums here have been amazing helping me get my head around it, so thank you!

I work in a home for children with disabilities and I'm currently working on my QCF Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare, and although most topics are similar to the EYE I've found some questions don't seem to exist in the world of google. If anyone is able to shed some light on the following I'd be massively grateful!

Explain the connection between positive attachments and positive relationships
Until this question I thought positive relationships and attachments were the same thing. I've put that a relationship is the mutual connection between two people that share a bond, but the only thing I could find as a definition of positive attachment is when a child shows signs of distress when a caregiver leaves, but they're able to understand the caregiver will return so they don't go through the detachment stage (of Bowlby’s theory)

Describe features of positive relationships for children and young people
Am I right in thinking this is asking what are the benefits of positive relationships to children, such as building confidence, have their needs easily identified/met? I feel like I'm repeating myself so much, but I'm also thinking I may be reading the question wrong :/

Thanks in advance for any guidance! I'll be around to help out for any posts that I may know a bit about.

-----------------------------------------