Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 11-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

TinyTurtle is on a distinguished road
Confused....

Hi, I am new to the site so not sure if i have done this right as it is my first post.
I have been looking at the site and have found some fantactic advice from you all and wondered if anyone could help me,
I have been doing my level 3 diploma for a few months now and dont really feel like i am getting anywhere. I am doing this as a work placed course and only get to see my assesor every 6-8 weeks (or more) and only get to see her for 15 - 20 mins for her to give me more work even though i have told her im strugling. I have never done any other childcare courses or worked in a childcare setting (since i started this course)and was just put straight on to level 3 so dont really no what i should be getting from my assesor (help/advice ect) she has never even looked at any of the work i have done to tell me if im on the right track. should i be getting more help than this?

Sorry for my rant but i am a bit confused with all the work i have to do and just wondered if anyone could tell me if this is how it should be or not.

Also if anyone could give me any advice on assignment 023 Task D(A-F i havent started thid unit yet) ie sites to look on or any information i would be really gratefull.

Thankyou Laura

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

Hi Laura I'm also doing this as a work based course. Do you have to upload your work via a envq site? If so keep chasing your assessor for some feedback - my marks and feeds back on work as you send - it is a good moral boost because you know where you are. Even so when I was only a few months in I felt overwhelmed by the work as like you I had never done anything like this before and hadn't studied in 20 years! Keep with it - you will soon realise you do know all of this stuff. There is lots to be found on the internet and of course the fantastic people here are only a question way.
it is a lot of work but you can do - just think about how you will feel when you've got that certificate in your hot little hands!!
Best Wishes
Mrs Noah.
P.S. when asking for help type in your question because for some bizarre reason we all work on different unit numbers!
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:04 PM

Hi,
my assessor comes to my place of work to see me but never seems to want to look at my work even when i ask her she just says "i'll take it when you finish the unit" but i feel this only leaves me doubting my work and with no opportunity to get a higher mark than a pass or even wors fail as she lacks in giving guidance.:weepy:

I have spoken to my assessor and even asked my manager to speak to her but it still hasn't seemed to change anything. hmmm o well i'll just have to do my best.

The questions i am stuck on are;
A. Why is early identification of speech, langusgeor communicationdelay important for a child or young person's well-being?

B. What are the potential risks for the child/young person's well-being if any speech, language or communication delay is not identified early?

C. Analyse the importance of early identifaction of the potential risks of late recognition to speech, language and communication delays or dissorders?

D. Who might be involved in a multy-agencyteam to support a child/young person's speech, language and communication development?

E. How, when and why would a multy-agency approach be applied?

F. Give Four different examples of play opportunities and describe how you would put them into practice to support the development of a child/young person's speech, language and communication?

Any help or hints and tips would be much appreciated.

Thankyou,
Laura
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi
what unit are these questions from?

I don't think that you can get higher marks for your course, you can be given back your work to amend if more information is needed.
I to did my course work based, i didn't attend a college and my tutor visited every 4-6 weeks to set me work and take away work i had done to look through it and he then gave me a form filled in by him about what i had written e.g. whether it was enough or whether i had to put more information in (i was only given 2 questions to add more info on because i am one of those people that write too much, if that is possible with the level 3), he observed me and we had personal discussions, his visits ranged from 30 mins to 2 hours depending on what we were doing e.g. if he was observing he would be there for up to 2 hours and if it was to talk about work to be done or a pd he would be there anywhere from 30 mins to an hour, in the end though i set my own work and worked on one unit at atime because suited me, my tutor liked to mix and match units but every one is different and he respected my views on the way i wanted to complete the course.
Perhaps i was one of the lucky ones that had a very good tutor that listened and respected my views and i enjoyed my course very stressful at times but i got there in the end as i am sure you will.

my folder is with IV so can't look up units unless you give me the unit number then i can give you guidance on some of the questions you are stuck on.

Lynne
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

Hi Laura - I didn't have to write about resilience in terms of speech and language but I have found this web site that might help:
http://www.hello.org.uk/media/2599/s...g-outcomes.pdf
hopefully someone else will have done this unit and might be of more help.
sorry you have an unhelpful tutor but keep with it, it will be worth it in the end
best wishes
Mrs Noah
Unread 11-16-2011, 10:40 PM

The unit is cyp3.1 ~ On mine it says that for the first submission the mark would be Pass Merit Distinction or a refer and if it was refered then it would be pass or fail, although some are just pass or fail.
I think i have just been unlicky with my assessor, and i havent had any observations done either yet.
It is such a shame as i was really looking forward to doing this course and i love the nursery i am in but am now wondering if i am ever going to complete this as im so far behind:weepy: I think i will have to take a leaf out of your book and just write too much i suppose it is easier to have too much information at least that way i can hope some will be right lol
How long did it take you to complete your lvl 3?

Laura
Unread 11-16-2011, 10:43 PM

Smile

Thankyou for your help Mrs Noah i just need that little push in the right direction, i have been staring at it for so long now i dont have a clue.

Laura
Unread 11-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyTurtle View Post
The unit is cyp3.1 ~ On mine it says that for the first submission the mark would be Pass Merit Distinction or a refer and if it was refered then it would be pass or fail, although some are just pass or fail.
I think i have just been unlicky with my assessor, and i havent had any observations done either yet.
It is such a shame as i was really looking forward to doing this course and i love the nursery i am in but am now wondering if i am ever going to complete this as im so far behind:weepy: I think i will have to take a leaf out of your book and just write too much i suppose it is easier to have too much information at least that way i can hope some will be right lol
How long did it take you to complete your lvl 3?

Laura
Hi

it took me a year to complete but at first it was very slow e.g. just getting about 6 questions answered a month because tutor did cancel a few visits, i felt that i was behind others on silkysteps that had started the same time as me as i was waiting for tutor to tell me which unit and questions to answer next, i then decided to pick and answer questions at my own pace e.g during the summer holidays where i was off work because we open term time only i completed 8 units to finish with help from kind silkysteps members, i think tutor was shoched when i gave in the work and when i give it to him i said happy reading. i was told by tutor that i could take up to 18 months to complete. will look at my work later to give you some guidance on your questions.

I didn't realise that some courses you could get different levels of marks, within my area it is pass or fail but like i said you can add more information when tutor gives you feedback on the question.

Lynne
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

kas14 is on a distinguished road
Default course

i started this child care course 8 months ago and in that time i have completed my level 2 and now half way through my level three, i only spend8 hours a week at a nursery and have been in to college about 5 times, i am also a single mum to four kids and i am a qualified hairdresser so i know how hard it can be to find the time to do it and how hard it all is but if i can do it then anyone can x