Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 08-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

amina is on a distinguished road
Default Explain how communication affects relationships in the work setting

================================================== =
Step by step help for Unit SCH 31 1.2 Explain how communication affects relationships in the work setting
================================================== =

I have to explain about effective communication and what happens when i talk to my work colleagues and the children?

help thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

HappyHamster is on a distinguished road

Hi Amina

Communication affects relationships in many ways in the work setting. For example with colleagues, the manager or supervisor and also the parents of the child and the child.

Effective communication is a two-way process. The person communicating has to send a clear and concise messsage to the responding party. The message must be understood correctly to have a response.

Communication can be in the way of telephone, written notes, email alerts, text messages and vocal. Communication is very important in the work setting.

Page 8 on of the collins handbook will help you find out about why communication is needed with relatives, visitors and colleagues and how good or effective communication helps things happen, ineffective communication creates barriers if understanding isn't clear.

Or for further information you could use the coursework book that your tutor has recommended.

Hope this has helped alittle.
Unread 08-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Mouseykins is on a distinguished road

I've got the Level 3 Diploma Book called Children and Young People's Workforce by Penny Tassoni. It was brilliant for this question, and most of the other questions I've done too! Highly recommended!

SCH 31
Quote:
Page 3
Communication affects relationships in the work setting
In order to work effectively with children, young people and their families, and so that we can plan for and meet their needs, it is essential to establish good relationships with a range of people. Relationships and communication skills go hand in hand. Practitioners who have good communication skills are likely to have gstrong relationships with children, parents and other adults. This is because relationships are influenced by the body language, facila expression and ways in which others listen and talk to you, that is the way they communicate ( see Unit CYP 3.5 on establishing positive relationships with children and others).
"Professional relationships and communication are pivotal in the early years sector" Tassoni 2010
Communicating with everyone in the workplace is influenced by having good relationships, they imapct on how I'm able to

Share and gain information
Help with settling in to reassure the children and parents
Support children's play and learning
Help transitions go smoothly
Work effectivly as a team

page 4 of the book gives an explanation for each of those areas
Unread 01-11-2012, 02:57 PM

sharon1991 is on a distinguished road

im currently doing the same question and is thumb twiddling lol
and is having problems with it as in dont know how to start it . If anyone could help with this, it would be much apprichated
Unread 01-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Chlobbers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon1991 View Post
im currently doing the same question and is thumb twiddling lol
and is having problems with it as in dont know how to start it . If anyone could help with this, it would be much apprichated
Hi Sharon,

I would definitely recommend getting the textbook by Penny Tassoni, as stated above. It is £20 well spent, it has headings linked to all the learning outcomes I have completed so far and had loads of useful info in it.

If you are working in a setting try and think about the different groups of people who you communicate with and how the way you communicate with them would effect your relationship with them. Relationships and communication go hand in hand.

Hope this helps a little

Chlo
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:02 PM

maslen is on a distinguished road

Hi I'm working on this question to, Should I include some examples of communication that were not affective?

I'm finding it hard to just re-word what I am reading and feel I should be adding more than is really needed.

thanks
sharon
Unread 03-23-2014, 04:06 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Tammyskill is on a distinguished road

Hi I'm finding this one hard. It's knowing how much to write aswell
Unread 11-22-2018, 08:51 PM

aggawin is on a distinguished road

Please help as I stuck on this question : how communication contributes to professional team teamwork???
Unread 11-23-2018, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a warm welcome to the site. The replies other members have given are very helpful.

For the TA course page 8-9 of this newer handbook and then page 63 which explores effective communication are good reading.

Page 8: lists the characteristics of effective teamwork as:
  • Mtual respect
  • Common purpose
  • Commitement
  • Working togehter
  • Openness
  • Clear communication
Page 9 quote:

Explain the role of communication in establishing professional relationships for effective teamwork

Communication is essential to effective teamwork and it is important that there are frequent opportunities for members of the team to discuss day-to-day issues that will come up. In a busy school or college environment, it is easy to forget to pass on imformation, or for it to go to some people and not others through informal channels. This can cause problems for the effectiveness of the team and also issues between individuals if people think they have been missed out. For teamwork to be effective, there should be regular meetings and formal opportunities to discuss ongoing items.

Clear communication between members of the team will also make the team more effecient and team relationships more professional. If meetings are regular and result in action points for team members, this will provide a structure as well as a record of what has been agreed, and will ensure that all team members have an opportunity to contribute. In this way, the team can ensure that things are dealt with as they arise and each memebr will know that their contribution is valued.

You should remember that communication is not only verbal, there will also be letters, emails and other written methods you will need to check and respond to regiularly. Important information may be sent using these methods and require a reponse, usually as soon as possible. Acknowl;edging the importance of a prompt reply is another way of showing that you are professional.

So in summary you could look at effective communication contributing to teamwork because it

Reduces the opportunity for misunderstanding
Makes sure everyone knows what's happening and what to expect
How to report information, who to and when.

Hth
the cost of ad blockers