Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 04-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

derynjoe is on a distinguished road
Default Doubting myself please check this for me pls

Child Centred approach....

Sometimes although not very often children may even be involved in more serious issues including their own protection, if it is deemed appropriate a child may be invited to put across their views, thoughts and opinions in child protection conferences, and core group meetings.

I am 99% sure of this but its very precise info I writing so I thought I best check!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Jenna is on a distinguished road

That's fine, but where u have put "deemed appropriate a child..." i would put young person as a child of say 5 isn't going to be able to sit in a conference and do that.
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

The importance of a child or young persons centred approach is to understand that every child is different. The national framework of Every Child Matters was set up to support the joining up of services to ensure every child can achieve the five Every Child Matters outcomes. Support is offered to children to enable them to be healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution and achieve economic well-being. All services aimed at children or young people are based around the planning and meeting of the individual needs. Children’s wishes should be taken into account during decision making to give them a sense of belonging and not to be made to feel as though its them who’s to blame this should be done in a sensitive manner and they should be listened to to find out how they are feeling and what they would like.
hope this helps x
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

derynjoe is on a distinguished road

Thanks 2 you both!! Big help x