Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 04-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

derynjoe is on a distinguished road
Default Safeguarding and why it's important to involve other organisations in partnerships?

Hello

Not stuck for ideas, just frustrated with the criteria!!!!! Am I on the right track!

Outcome - Understanding the importance of partnership and other organisations to safeguard.

Criteria - Explain the importance of safeguarding

The text book talks about statistics, the edexel guidance rambles on inconsistently about responsibility, recording and reporting, pocedure for on off site visits???

I have mentioned the number of children on CP plans in the UK and how effective safeguarding led to the plans and hopefully protection for the kids.

I have mentioned it is everybodies responsibility

I have talked about (in detail) the case of Baby P and although the initial safeguarding by professionals (mainly a single pediatrician) effectively led to him being subject to a CP plan, protective professional partnerships i.e. social services & police failed to safeguard resulting in his little life being lost.

I have also commented that it is important we safeguard by intevening early, to ensure children never reach the stage of being "at signigicant risk"

I have then gone on to talk about chidrens rights and how we safeguard to uphold the rights.

Has anyone else done their assignment for this unit yet, any advice would be welcomed!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

CYP 3.3 SAFEGUARDING

TASK 1
A/ The Children’s Act 1989
This act was brought in to protect the welfare of children and also interagency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children it provides what action agencies must take to protect children.

Children’s Act 2004
This act was brought in after the death of a child and the green paper was produced Every Child Matters this act does not replace the Children’s Act 1989 it sets out the process of integrating services so every child can achieve the five Every Child Matters outcomes which are to be healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution and achieve economic well-being. It also places a duty on local authorities and their partners like the police health service providers and the youth justice system.

Working Together To Safeguard Children 2006
This was updated on safeguarding and a national framework set up to help agencies work together or individually.
They provide safeguarding and a national framework to help agencies work individually and together to promote welfare of children and young people. It is important that information is shared between schools, health, police and social services. Early recognition of children in need from school or health care professionals is very important, as these tend to be the first people who will suspect that something may be wrong.

The Children And Young Person Act 2008
This act has the care matters white paper to provide high quality care and services for children in care.

The Vetting And Barring Scheme
It was introduced in 2009 and is aimed at preventing any unsuitable person from working with children and vulnerable adults every person wanting to work with them will need to have a CRB check done.

B/ The wider concept of safeguarding include,

The Human Rights Act 1989
It does not specifically mention children’s rights but this covers them in the eyes of the law some of your human rights are
Right to an education
The right to life
Freedom form torture
Freedom from slavery
The right to liberty
They are your rights in your everyday life, what you can say or do, your beliefs, your right to a fair trial.

The Education Act 2002
Requires school governing bodies, local education authorities and further education settings to arrange safeguarding and promote child welfare.

The Boarders, Citizenship And Immigration Act 2009
Places a duty of the UK boarder agency to safeguard and promote child welfare.

The legislation to protect children from adults who pose a risk are,

*** Offenders Act 1997
Better known as the *** offenders register and anyone on it have to notify the police of any changing of names and addresses.

The Sexual Offences Act 2003
Updated to include grooming, abuse or position of trust, trafficking and it covers offences committed by UK citizens whilst abroad.

The Domestic Violence, Crime And Victims Act 2004
It is an offence to cause or allowing the death of a child or vulnerable adult.

The Serious Organised Crime And Police Act 2005
This act set up the framework for UK-wide child exploitation and online protection centre to be created.

Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006
This allows vetting staff and barring people who are unsuitable to work with children across the UK.

The Forced Marriage Act 2007
To protect victims into forced marriages and help remove them, although it is not a crime to force someone into marriage.

The Criminal Justice And Immigration Act 2008
This act allows people who commit *** offences against children abroad to face prosecution in the UK.

The Data Protection Act
This places responsibilities on organisations holding personal information to only be only used if needed, it must be kept in a secure place, make sure its accurate and always keep it up to date.

hope this is some help i have had this unit signed off x
Unread 04-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

derynjoe is on a distinguished road

Thankyou very much for the information some of which has given me ideas for the previous outcome - understand the legislation guidlines and policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people.

I have now added safeguarding by risk assessment of environment and resouces, reporting CP concerns, promoting healthy eating, educating for safe use of computers, staff training,promoting learning and development and supporting additional needs, I have wrote about the importance of each factor!!

Hope its enough

Thanks again