Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 07-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

**hannah** is on a distinguished road
Help SOS reflect on the implications for practice of the assessment of children through obs

dont entirly get the question but this is what i wrote :

befor carrying out my observations i had to plan and prepare what observation technique i was going to use and which child i was going to observe and what skills to focus on. as being prepared is essential in making sure observations can go according to plan.

through doing observations it can tell us alot about practice. for example how the setting plans to meet individual needs, routines and which activities are used.

from carrying out the observations i was able to identify the child strenghts and weaknesses and showed the child is developing within the milestones for the age.

the observations couldhelp me to adapt my practice to meet the needs of children. for example if a child is in a wheelchair and is unable to reach specific toys on table and shelfs by themselves action should be taken ( differentation for inclusion.

befor carrying observations it is crucial that we pick the right technique, this is so that we can identify exactly what we are observing the child for.

i only got 4 marks out of the possible 14 - what could i add to it/ change to get me more mark the only feedback my teacher gave was - concentrate on your own practice, implications of planning and reliability and vality

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by **hannah** View Post
dont entirly get the question but this is what i wrote :

befor carrying out my observations i had to plan and prepare what observation technique i was going to use and which child i was going to observe and what skills to focus on. as being prepared is essential in making sure observations can go according to plan.

through doing observations it can tell us alot about practice. for example how the setting plans to meet individual needs, routines and which activities are used.

from carrying out the observations i was able to identify the child strenghts and weaknesses and showed the child is developing within the milestones for the age.

the observations couldhelp me to adapt my practice to meet the needs of children. for example if a child is in a wheelchair and is unable to reach specific toys on table and shelfs by themselves action should be taken ( differentation for inclusion.

befor carrying observations it is crucial that we pick the right technique, this is so that we can identify exactly what we are observing the child for.

i only got 4 marks out of the possible 14 - what could i add to it/ change to get me more mark the only feedback my teacher gave was - concentrate on your own practice, implications of planning and reliability and vality
Hi

I havent done this yet but you would be eble to plan more effectively because you would have a better idea of the child's interests. such as i have a child that absolutely loves the creative area but doesn't use the maths area so i incorporated numbers into the creative area and asked questions such as how many different colours have you used in your drawing? i also put chalk boards, paper and pen in the garden to encourage the child to play outside etc

when observing and writing about what you have seen and putting it into the correct area and highlighting under the six learning areas this will enable you to make sure that the child is moving on in all areas and if not incorporate what she/he likes into the areas that they are not achieving in.

You might find out that your setting are weak in certain areas could be due to equipment being used or the lack of equipment

don't know if this help.

Lynne