Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 04-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

helen429 is on a distinguished road
Default help with nvq cyp 3.2 observation

hi i need to do some obervations on physical, communication, moral/behaviour social and emotional could some one please give me some advice on which observation method to use for communication and social and emotional?

thank you helen

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-30-2012, 07:12 PM

littlesue73 is on a distinguished road

I'm doing this, need some help too, so will watch with interest
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:02 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

shellyjoe is on a distinguished road

I did a narrative obs on communication, I got a hell of a lot covered. The few down sides to narrative obs was keeping up with what the child was saying so i used alot of abbreviations then re wrote my work so the reader could understand. Also as I was close to the child when writing up what she said this distracted her at times (she seemed aware that she was being observed and this stopped her doing a few things and asking me what i was doing)
I did a time sample on social and social, emotional and moral. Again downside was that I missed key things she did and said that were not in the allocated time slot, relating to Soc, emo and moral development
Tick chart for physical, great and easy to use but there were things she could/couldnt do that were not asked for specifically in the tick chart form.
Hope this helps

Last edited by shellyjoe : 04-30-2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: miss typed word
Unread 05-01-2012, 07:36 PM

helen429 is on a distinguished road

ok thank you for your advice. also if someone could help on what sort of things i am looking out for for the moral observation im not quite sure of what this is?
Unread 05-01-2012, 11:18 PM

littlesue73 is on a distinguished road

I will take that on board too
Unread 05-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

shellyjoe is on a distinguished road
Default moral development

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen429 View Post
ok thank you for your advice. also if someone could help on what sort of things i am looking out for for the moral observation im not quite sure of what this is?
Have a look at this link

http://www.bhcmhmr.org/poc/view_doc....d=12769&cn=462