Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

emitchell285 is on a distinguished road
031 positive outcomes. Medical or social model

Hello l am new to this forum and so far have found it very helpful. I have recently started my level 3 and am really struggling. My mind has gone blank on the questions below. Can anyone please help? I have put what model l think it is bt am really struggling with the explanation

From the list below, candidates will identify which statements represent the social model of disability and
which represent the medical model of disability. Give reasons.

1). ‘If he’s in a wheelchair, I’m sorry we will not be able to take him to the farm visit, we are going in staff cars and we just c an’t doit!’

Medical model- He is not being taken on the trip as he is in a wheelchair and doesn’t fit in with the others that are going. He is being left behind due to his disability

2). All staff have learnt makaton’ so we will be able to find the best way of communicating with Jane, don’t worry!’

Social Model-

3). I’m sorry but our staff don’t have the training to administer the medication so we will be unable to give your child a place at the nursery.

Medical model-

-----------------------------------------