Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 04-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

TJS9 is on a distinguished road
Physical Activity

Hi all,

My assessor is due to visit soon, I work with children 2-4 years. I have to plan and carry out a physical activity to cover CYPOP4. I am thinking of having balls (different sizes) football net, basketball net etc in our large indoor room as this would suit all ages and encourage hand eye coordination, lots of body movements and allow children to express themselves in a large physical environment. Some children may want to run around fast, while others may concentrate on throwing and catching etc.
Please let me know what you think. If I was going to use our garden it is not big enough for this activity but I could use slide, sand etc.

I am also being assessed on health and safety (CYP3.4) the same day. I will risk assess my activity before hand!

Thank you for your help I feel very behind on this diploma as our assessor couldn't start until January even though we started course in Sept and when I read how many units other people have had signed off it will be a miracle if we all complete this by July 11...!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Balls and catch points sound great add the consideration to change environments to your risk assessment, a good thought for children's freedom to explore/learning of spatial awareness and the danger of many collisions.

Hope you have fun with it xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:17 PM

TJS9 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for that, I will add to risk assessment also.

Many thanks
Unread 06-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

billi is on a distinguished road
Default Cypop4 1.1

Can anyone give me some idea on how to start this....Explain why physical activity is important to the short and long term health and well being of children? I have to give a paragraph for each (short and long)!! can not get my head round this to even start xx::weepy:
Unread 06-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

Babies and young children need physical activities and exercise to increase their stamina and strength this will improve muscle tone and muscle usage. Leading to Better balance and flexibility in the child, Improved bone strength and heart and lung capacity, improved coordination, catching and throwing skills, enjoyment, motivation and social skills, energy boost, helps stop stress and anxiety, positive affect of self esteem. Physical activity and movement help stimulate much brain growth and facilitate key connections for learning, regular exercise and engagements in all varieties of physical activity are critical for healthy brain development in children. pre mobile needs time to develop muscle tone so they can begin to crawl. These activities are used good for physical development at our preschool indoors stairs, wooden large bricks to climb and balance on, moving to music, balls to roll, soft play to climb on and move about on. Sit and ride toy which changes into a walker. Outside slides, logs to climb and balance on, trikes and balance bikes, tractor wheels to climb and use to pull on, balls to roll. These are some of the activities we have at the preschool our environments are planned around giving the child the maximum opportunities to have physical activities and children need space to do physical activities.

this should help you
Unread 06-29-2011, 06:35 PM

persie is on a distinguished road

with children 3 and over its part of the curriculum, and with any age it promotes a healthy attitude to exercise
if you have a study book such as Children's Care Learning & Development by Penny Tassoni etc nvq units 303 & 307 should help. sorry I don't know the equivalent unit numbers for Diploma course
Unread 03-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Iunie134 is on a distinguished road

Please need help with CYPOP 4 , 5.2 and 5.3