Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Learning activities

Early Learning activities A place to share information and request ideas relating to EY's activities

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 10-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Madlou is on a distinguished road
Default Help - Need to find birds....

I am starting a project after half-term with the reception class that I am doing my work placement with. Th project is on wild birds and I am trying to find a website that will let me download picture sof birds for the kids to colour in as a a part of the project..I was hoping that I could find some pictures of blue tits etc as we are going to be feeding the birds that visit the school, so I want to make the colouring birds as realistic as possible.

Does anyone know of any good sites, where I may be able to download some from????

Thanx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hiya, this page on RSPB is good - Blue tit

Would own designs of 2 circles - head & body + 2 triangles - beak and tail feathers be any good as an alternative colouring picture ? you could use the illustrations on RSPB as colouring/cut n paste guides.

The forum for Birds has a few other ideas..

Have fun, it all sounds great

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-30-2008, 01:13 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Madlou is on a distinguished road

Thanx Ruthie don't know why I didn't think about RSPB sooner cos I had already emailed them and they have sent me posters etc to put up in classroom. Have been onto the sight and have got pictures to colour of Blue Tit, Robin and Chaffinch and they are good A4 size - so thanx for that.