Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 04-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

leonhajay is on a distinguished road
Case Study Help please

My head is just boggled and I seam to be going round in circles with this case study, can any one help to summarise for me please

Today at Playgroup you notice Jonathan (3 years old) showing the other children his new "tattoo" which he is obviously very proud off. You say to Jonathan that is a supper tattoo and he says mummy got me it because I have been a very brave boy. Without prompting he tells you he stayed at home all by himself while mummy went to the hair dressers.

1. Referring to policy's and procedures what would you do?
2. What are the things you would need to remember to say to Jonathan?
3. What would you not say?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

seyda is on a distinguished road

hi i am new to this site and am doing level 2 at the moment.all i can say is that obviously under any circumstances a 3 year old child staying at home all by himself is not acceptable so i would just listen to the child.i wouldnt try to get the story out of him by pressurising him but i would just listen and as far as the health and safety policy goes,i would report this to the supervisor or whoever is in charge immediately.i cant think of anything else.i hope this much helps a bit xxx
Unread 04-10-2014, 10:51 PM

Thank you, seamed I just needed to leave it and come back to it next day with a fresh head, its strange how its the simple questions that I have issues with I just never know were to start.
For future reference I wrote about
I wrote about neglect issues the correct policy and procedures to follow, writing time date details ect, then about his feelings and how you shouldn't say his mother was wrong or use negative feelings and behaviour in any way towards the child and how you would have to disclose to others.
Unread 04-11-2014, 07:04 PM

Yes that's right.i think you did well there :))) that's about it really.i cant think of anything else that needs to be done really.i know what you mean though.i am struggling with a few things myself atm.xxx
Unread 04-21-2014, 12:47 PM

it just seams to be the simples things though doesn't it. I think its because they are simple I leave them till last and by that time its two in the morning youv been studying for hours and your heads just pickled. when I came back to it with fresh head I typed it up n sent it within 10mins lol
Unread 04-21-2014, 05:35 PM

:-))))) yeeesss always the simplest things that i cant find the answers to.anyway,i'm trying not to think about these things too hard or else i might go crazy :-)))) xxx