Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 03-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

louiseo is on a distinguished road
Cypop 14 what effect would restricted access have on children? Plz Help Me

Hi there im really in need of some help i am startin 2 feel that stressed because my tutor as just been changed and this new tutor is askin for as many optional units in that we can get done ive been tryin 2 get as many done as i can ive been sat at the laptop 4 the last 4hours and its startin 2 make me feel emotional i now it sounds silly but this is what i need help with

1.3 Explain the possible effects of children havin restricted or supervised contact in order to maintain relationships

Any help would b greatful

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Fulham Supporter is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I have had this signed off, so you should be ok with this.
I said that there are 2 reasons why restricted supervision may occur.
One is if the parents are divorced, and the parent who the child lives with, restricts the access of the other parent as a form of punishment and revenge.
The other is if a child is in care, and can only see their parents/carers or others under strict supervision.

The effects these can have are,
Depression
drug/alcohol abuse
behavioural problems
becoming involved in crime
falling behind at school, or not attending at all
Find it difficult to form relationships when they are older.

Hope this enough to get you started.
Unread 03-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Mockingbird is on a distinguished road

Hi, I had this signed off :-)

1.3. Explain the possible effects of children having restricted or supervised contact in order to maintain relationships

Possible effects of children having restricted or supervised contact could include the child becoming aggressive or withdrawn – not wanting to talk to anyone, or maybe becoming depressed.
A child may appear insecure or be reluctant to express affection, especially if they are a bit unsure as to what is going on.
They may find it hard to maintain friendships with their peers or find it difficult to make new friendships, with both their peers and adults, including making relationships in the future. They may find it hard to trust people. If a child is at school, their school work may suffer as a result of lack of concentration. They may also feel lonely. Having restricted or supervised contact may make the child feel angry at their parents, which could result in behaviour issues arising. They may feel they are unable to ‘connect’ with one of their parents – depending on the circumstances.
There may also be development issues due to low self-esteem and lack of self-confidence.
Unread 03-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

louiseo is on a distinguished road
Thank u 4 replyin u have gave me some good ideas and i might b able 2 get this cypop 14 out the way if i can help u in any way plz ask
Unread 09-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

bello is on a distinguished road
Highfive Explain the possible effects of children having restricted, or supervised contact in order to maintain relationships.

Wow this has help me so much. I think i was looking too deep into the question.Thank you so much.
Unread 11-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Karen82 is on a distinguished road

thanks this helped me out too. X
Unread 04-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

KelseyRoberts is on a distinguished road

I've been stuck on this unit for ages, this has really helped me move along!! thank you x