Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

shellyjoe is on a distinguished road
Default cyp 3.7 1.2 can i cross reference this range of external factors?

Hi all

The question is explain the importance and impact of poverty on outcomes and life chances for c&yp.

I did a bit on poverty in another unit; Identify and explain a range of External factors which may affect children and young people’s development.
This is what I put

Lack of finances - economic factor (parents may be unemployed) - The child will miss out on additional opportunities by not being able to attend after school activities such as swimming/music lessons, sports activities (tennis, football, gymnastics) or extra tuition. – Affecting social, emotional, physical, intellectual development.

Inadequate housing poverty - Poor housing conditions may affect the child’s health and chances of developing through play if they live in a small over crowded house. The house may have damp (mould) not enough finances to provide adequate heating in the winter months, which will affect the child’s health. Lack of or unsuitable furniture/equipment - The child may not have a proper bed or blankets this will affect the child’s health if they cannot get enough rest/sleep, no safety equipment for babies/young children – stair gate, plug socket covers etc… which could cause the baby/child to have accidents or come to physical harm.

Community social factor – Living in built up Inner city areas where there is antisocial or challenging behaviour within the community – parents may feel it is unsafe for their child to play in the community, the child may become involved through peer pressure to join the group/gang. There may not be sufficient local facilities for the parent to participate in activities with their child. The social infrastructure maybe lacking .e.g. play group’s, playgrounds, community halls where after school clubs are held.

Diet personal choices - Lack of finance may mean that the child is not being provided with a sufficiently healthy nutritional diet. Low income families may buy foods that are a lot cheaper such as processed foods, these foods have higher levels of fat, salt and sugar – this can lead to poor concentration, lack of energy, obesity and many health problems.

Education - Again lack of finances might lead to the child falling behind in their education – lack of study books or equipment, no access to the internet – helping with their homework/research. Parents may not be able to afford school trips so the child may be affected emotionally and socially, feeling isolated or alienated from peers.

Motivation and aspirations - The child/parent may feel despair living in inadequate housing conditions as well as the struggle of financial difficulties, may lead to anxiety, depression for child or parent, affecting the child’s motivation to learn and thrive in education.

Lack of adequate parenting skills – Not encouraging their child to develop, not reading to the child, not engaging in activities that interest the child, not communicating with their child or others in the right manner (aggressive, shouting, swearing, ignoring or degrading) or parents with antisocial behaviour, will leave the child feeling inadequate, having low self esteem, poor emotional, social and communication development.

Addictions – The child may grow up in a vulnerable household where parents may be alcoholics or drug abusers, this will cause further financial problems for the family unit. The way in which the addicted parent cares for their child will have a detrimental affect on the child’s development as they will be incapable of providing a stable, nurturing and safe environment for their child. As the parent is consumed with their addiction they may neglect the child’s physical, emotional and intellectual needs. The child may take on the role of the main carer of the family (younger siblings as well as the parent) as the parent is incapacitated by their addiction.

My question is can this be crossed referenced or am I missing something, I dont want to be covering this all again if I have provided enough information My tuitor is on holiday so I cant get hold of her for advice
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Shell xxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Madiha is on a distinguished road

Yes you can... even though you might feel like some parts may be missing , but they wont be and hopefully your tutor should agree :)

so you dont have to answer that again
:)
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:04 PM

Thanks soooooo much

I was reading the question and doubting myself thinking i would need to elaborate. I was about to copy and paste my work and add more info but thought that would also be wrong lol. I am glad I put enough info into the 1st question now xxx
Thanks again
Unread 03-15-2012, 10:43 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

you need to add the life outcomes on and how they will be affected to demonstrate your knowledge of ECM and how the factor impacts. just assign one or 2 outcomes to each factor
Unread 03-16-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
you need to add the life outcomes on and how they will be affected to demonstrate your knowledge of ECM and how the factor impacts. just assign one or 2 outcomes to each factor
Thank you tutu, all done now

-----------------------------
Every Child Matters - summary
Level 3 handbook
Unread 04-17-2014, 09:34 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Tinker_roo is on a distinguished road

did your assessor cross reference this for you? Ive just sat down to do this unit ( My last one finally =) ) & I feel that I have covered this previously as I went into a lot of detail covering these in the development unit.
Many thanks
Ria
Unread 04-25-2014, 03:28 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

shell loves cats is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_roo View Post
did your assessor cross reference this for you? Ive just sat down to do this unit ( My last one finally =) ) & I feel that I have covered this previously as I went into a lot of detail covering these in the development unit.
Many thanks
Ria
my tutor said on wednesday that what we already did can be used but we need to have enough info -so if you went into a lot of detail on previous work then just use that, if its not enough, use it but add to it