Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 05-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

metroid_sax1 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS CYP Core 3.3 Criteria 4 what are the signs and symptoms of abuse

Hi guys, Metroid here

been having trouble with this since i lost my book because these question where re-masterd for the book & I have literally hunted high and low for the book

the origianl questions where;
4.1; Describe the possible signs, symptoms, indicators & behaviours that may cause concern in the context of safeguarding
4.2; Describe the actions to take if a child or young person alleges harm or abuse in line with policies & procedures of own setting
4.3; Explain the rights that children, young people & their carers have in situations where harm or abuse is suspected or alleged

the questions remane it was remasterd to be anwserd like this;
What are the Four main areas of Abuse?
What are the signs and symptoms for each area?
What are the policies & procedures in your setting if there is a suspicion of abuse? (I always have my policies and procedures on me so that bit is a fish out of the water)
and finally; What are the rights of children, young people & their families?

any information would be a great help please
this is all part of a full criteria document so I have to have it all in one file :-D

thanks again
Metroid_sax1

Last edited by metroid_sax1 : 05-23-2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Typo error

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-24-2012, 09:01 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

im not sure what you're asking but the second set of questions are the same just simpler words and you will have had the teaching to answer all three? if not then you need to research this is readily available everywhere.
Unread 05-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi,

What are the Four main areas of Abuse?
What are the signs and symptoms for each area?
as advised there is lots of information available for these - this is a good start

What are the policies & procedures in your setting if there is a suspicion of abuse? (I always have my policies and procedures on me so that bit is a fish out of the water) - is the child protection & whistleblowing policy tucked in there?

Flowchart for refferal
Working together to safeguard children check the sections you need to read for your area of work.
What to do if you're worried a child is being abused
Introduction to child protection legislation in the UK - NSPCC
Reporting child abuse - NSPCC

What are the rights of children, young people & their families?
some threads for this are ..
Explaining the rights and this reply
Example of rights
Understanding how to protect children

The interactive tool on OCR is good reading for children's safeguarding and protection: Safeguarding children

Hth xx

Texbook guide - search on amazon
the cost of ad blockers