Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 04-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kerry-lou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole1994 View Post
Hello, I'm doing this unit and my ranges are also smaller but I cant find much for communication and 6-9 months.
Can anyone give me some ideas or some links which have the 6-9 month ages?
this is what i've got wrote for 6-12months communication

Communication
Babies start to understand simple words like `up’ and `down’ and baby repeats sound. Between nine and twelve months babies start to understand and follow understand simple instructions like `kiss mummy’. you will hear a baby’s first word, more normally ‘mamma’ and ‘dada’.

http://www.talkingpoint.org.uk/en/EY...-12-month.aspx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

nicole1994 is on a distinguished road

Thank you, it helped a lot!
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:21 PM

nicole1994 is on a distinguished road

hi, I'm stuck on moral development for all ages , I cant find anything on it and don't have the book to look at. Can someone give me some examples or some web links which will help me?
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

bubbly68 is on a distinguished road

I need sequences of a child's behavioural and moral development
Unread 05-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kerry-lou is on a distinguished road

behavioural and moral is the same x
Unread 07-10-2013, 06:41 PM

rosie.middleton is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much that was a great help :-)
Unread 07-28-2013, 03:54 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

tracey44 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole1994 View Post
Hello, I'm doing this unit and my ranges are also smaller but I cant find much for communication and 6-9 months.
Can anyone give me some ideas or some links which have the 6-9 month ages?
hi can you help me please how and when are development plans used? wrote up one but not sure why
Unread 02-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

shell loves cats is on a distinguished road

could someone help me - ive done my development chart but my assessor wants more on behavioural development 0-12months and moral development 12-19years

ive been through my level 2 n level 3 course books but not enough info in them
Unread 06-20-2015, 12:04 PM

IAmSarahLouu is on a distinguished road
Default Need help!

What are the expected sequences of development?
Unread 01-26-2018, 11:47 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Humbledor is on a distinguished road
Default stages in development

This is my level 2 work. all completed and submitted. hope it helps somebody

Physical
Communication & Intellectual
Social, Emotional and Behavioural
0-6 Months
A newborn baby will have very little control over its body and relies more on reflexes such as sucking and grabbing. They usually gain some very basic gross motor skills by six months such as rolling over and hand to mouth.
Communication at this age is very basic and is most commonly only apparent when the baby needs something or is experiencing discomfort and is express by crying. By three months babies are able to smile to show that they are happy.
A very young baby’s experience of anything social is very limited and usually extends to they’re parents and close family, starting to attend baby groups between 3-6 months. Young babies have not yet developed a sense of self and often cannot distinguish the difference between themselves and their mothers.
6-12 months
Babies will start to develop more complex gross motor skills such as sitting up, holding objects and crawling. They will start to develop basic fine motor skills like feeding themselves though they are likely to be quite inaccurate with skills such as this.
Speech will start to develop on the most basic level with practicing sounds and babbling. Will be able to maintain eye contact and recognise their own name. Body language will start to develop.
Babies will begin to play simple games like peepo and singing action songs, they will be joining in with family activities like meal times. Babies are often taken to playgroups where they will learn to communicate with other children of a similar age through sharing toys and playing together.
12-24 months
Between 12 and 18 months most babies have learned to walk then later jumping, running then climbing on furniture. Babies will be developing fine motor skills and can hold a pen or crayon to scribble, is now feeding themselves more competently and can stack a small number of bricks to make a tower.
Simple full words such as mine, mum and no are often used. The child will be able to point accurately if they want something out of reach. Approaching 24 months they will have a larger vocabulary and be able to make simple three or four word sentences.
By this time the child will have developed more of a sense of self. They learn through play and trial and error. Communication with other children will become more in depth as most children can say a few words by this age. Children will start to assert themselves and push boundaries by refusing to cooperate if they don’t want to or throwing tantrums.

Age years
Physical
2-3
years
Children can run more confidently and are staring to learn more advanced gross motor skills such as peddling a tricycle and jumping off low obstacles like a bottom step. Fine motor skills will also be becoming more advanced and they may be able to draw simple pictures when shown and threading large beads.
Most children have about 300 words in their vocabulary by the age of three though they might shorten longer words, nana instead of banana is common. They may also mispronounce for example brink instead of drink. They will be able to follow instructions such as “go and get your doll” or “roll the ball to me”.
Between the ages of two and three most children will start to understand other peoples emotional needs as well as their own. They will start to experience big emotions that they cannot vocalise resulting in temper tantrums. Children will start to become more independent and may start going to nursery or a childminder where they will develop relationships with peers and with adult carers other than parents.
3-4
years
Children will be learning more precise gross motor skills such as balancing on a scooter, climbing a playground ladder and running in a more adult way without so many falls. They will be learning to hold a pencil or crayon with their finger and thumb in order to draw more accurately and be learning to write their name and use scissors to cut simple shapes.
As children will usually be talking in more complex sentences at this age and will start to be able to express their feeling through language. They will be using more adjectives. They may be able to count up to ten and enjoy the satisfaction of getting something right.
Children will be developing a more vivid imagination and enjoy playing make believe and pretending games, this often extends to real life and they will lie to avoid getting in trouble. Most children will start to express themselves verbally as a pose to having a tantrum.
4-6 years
Children will be able to balance much more naturally by this age and learn to ride a bike and be able to balance on a balance beam. They will develop a hand preference they’ll be able to hold the pen or pencil in a more adult way and be able to colour within lines on a picture, form letters, use modelling clay such as play dough or plasticine to make shapes and cut more accurately using scissors.
Speech will become a lot more fluid and they will use correct terms such as “can I come with you?” instead of “me come too”. Might like something with great enthusiasm such as a certain television program, toy or animal.
Children will want to mimic adults and will play roll play games like mums and dads or going to work. They will seek company from other children and start to make proper friendships. A sense of right and wrong will be emerging .
Physical
7-11
Between the ages of 7 and 10 is known as ‘middle childhood’. Children will becoming much more adult shaped, they will be replacing ‘baby’ fat with muscle and gain strength in order to improve co-ordination. Most children will be able to perform tasks such as folding clothes neatly, cooking or making their bed. Some children may experience the first signs of puberty such as breast development and pubic hair.
Most children will be quite competent readers by this age and gain vocabulary from books and literature. They will be able to join in with adult conversation on a more equal level than younger children.
They may start using longer more complex words in order to demonstrate their intelligence.
At this age children will develop more complex relationships and may base their self esteem upon academic achievement or how they compare with peers.
They may seek to confide some of their negative emotions in their friends rather than parents as their friendships grow. Their independence is growing and they will be looking to adults such as teachers or group leaders as well as their parents for guidance and advice.
12-15
Puberty will have started for most children by the age of 12, girls will start menstruation and boys will experience changes to their genitals and their voice. Both boys and girls may have problems with acne and at this stage. They may feel self conscious about the changes they are experiencing. Towards the age of 15 they are starting to look at lot more like young adults as a pose to children.
Communication between child and parent can often break down somewhat during this period and the child may seek confidence in friends within their age group. Independence is growing and they may want to be left to make big decisions without adult help though behaviour can shift between quite adult and very childish at times.
Friendships are still very important and an interest in boyfriend/girlfriend relationships. Adult personalities start to develop.
Children may start to push boundaries and assert themselves, often in ways which they will later regret like starting smoking.
16-19
During this stage most children will have grown as much as they are going to. Boys will start to grown facial hair
Relationships with close family may be improving since mid teens though parental rules and sanctions are likely to be challenged. They are forced to start making big life choices regarding their future and must try to understand the long term effects their decisions will create.
Late teens are more self assured and more likely to be able to resist peer pressure. They may become part of a group such as a sports team or a band as networking with other people with the same interests is important. Sexual urges will become stronger and they may start having boyfriend/girlfriend relationships.