Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 12-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kirei Hyena is on a distinguished road
General question Unit 035 1.1

Hi, this is my first post on here. I've done the first question I just want to make sure that I'm on the right track before I do anymore work, I don't want to write loads too if I'm not.

1.1 Explain why behaviour can be seen as a means of communication

Every type of communication method can be linked to behaviour from a child or young person. These include the child or young person’s stance, attitude, body language as well as facial expressions, repetitive actions amongst many others. These are all seen as a mean of expressing without always needing to use words.

Communication is one of the most important methods in which everyone is able to control their environment and influence other people. If the communication skills of a child, young person or adult are limited, this means that they do not have full control, which can lead to frustration and challenging behaviour to become present. If the child, young person on or adult realize that this behaviour can enable them to get what they need or want, the behaviour they show is more likely to occur in the future. This is because children, young people and adults are all able to learn how effective their own behaviour is by observing the actions of others.

Everyone communicates through behaviour just like an infant will cry when they are wet or hungry; in the same way an adult will show that they are bored at work by yawning. All adults and children are constantly communicating to others throughout each day through their behaviour even if they themselves are not aware of this.

Without being able to visually see the behaviour that a child or adult may show we are unable to determine what it is they specifically need. This is as for many children they are unable to communicate through speech particularly if they are at a young age, or like adults it can be due to illness. This means that for them the only way for them to communicate with other people is through the behaviour that they show. Particular attention needs to be taken when they are doing this as some behaviour that is not threatening can be misinterpreted as a threating type of behaviour.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-09-2013, 02:54 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

look ok to me i would like to see some refs in there as you are obviously reading to paraphrase so show them, it makes it much better to prove you are reading.
Unread 12-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kirei Hyena is on a distinguished road

Thanks Tutu, as I was thinking about putting in an examples as I have worked alongside a child with autism and a child that has dyslexia, so an example about both of them would just finish it off nicely?