Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 08-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Mags is on a distinguished road
Default Urgh... LDSSMP3...

LDSSMP3 2.1 Explain the impact of current legislation, policies and influences on LDSS.

I thought I had it, then I spoke to my tutor and was informed I was way off as I had gone down the EYFS route. It needs to be national curriculum legislation for me and I have to think about children with special needs, safeguarding, disabilities, etc.

Well, I've been thinking for a couple of weeks now and still have no clue where to get started. Y'know when you get a question that everyone else finds easy and you sit there going "erm...??" for ages? That's me with this question!

If anyone could offer me a bit of advice to get me going on this I would be SO greatful.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-13-2011, 05:43 PM

Can I be cheeky and add to that LSDDMP3 2.2 Explain why it is important that effective practice should inform and drive the legislative framework for work with children and young people.

Trying to finish this course a bit early and want to be done by christmas. Finding it impossible to get off this unit!!
Unread 08-13-2011, 11:00 PM

Please can someone, anyone, help! Still no further forward!
Unread 08-14-2011, 02:13 PM

I am going to rip my eyeballs out and eat them...
Unread 08-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi Mags,
have a look on
www.education.gov.uk
can you not get your settings policies to read through
i did the CYPW level 3 diploma whats the course your doing x
Unread 08-14-2011, 03:58 PM

Hi Wendy,
You're a lifesaver! I've been tearing my hair out thinking nobody here would reply because this used to be optional I think...
I'm doing the CYPW level 3 diploma too. Meant to be finishing next March time but hoping to be done by Christmas. Had a few ups and downs but had no work returned and only need another 20 credits to complete. Then I sometimes get a question that's probably quite reasonable (like this one) and waste days stressing over it! x
Unread 08-14-2011, 04:02 PM

hi Mags whats the unit title called x
Unread 08-14-2011, 04:54 PM

It's titled "Support Children and Young People to achieve their education potential." x
Unread 08-14-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags View Post
It's titled "Support Children and Young People to achieve their education potential." x
did the website help ? and i didnt have a unit with that title, mine is a CACHE diploma so if yours is not then they must be slightly different x
Unread 08-14-2011, 06:00 PM

It has helped a little, thank you! I can write about legislation for SEN children and safeguarding, etc, I just have no clue what impact it all has on Learning, Development and Support Services, as opposed to in general! I've been struggling to find info regarding LDSS - roles and responsibilities of Leraning Mentors and Connexions advisors come up, but nothing else very in depth so this unit has been quite a struggle!

I'm also doing the CACHE diploma. I'm sure my tutor said that this particular unit used to be optional but was then made mandatory for anyone working to the National Curriculum. Everyone else on my course is working in Early Years and I'm the only one working with KS2. So I've had nobody else to ask for advice at college about this and my tutor simply told me to link legislation about SEN children, safeguarding and disabilities to the Learning, Development and Support Services within National Curriculum, which didn't really help me in the slightest!

Thanks for your help - it's much appreciated! x