Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 04-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

derynjoe is on a distinguished road
Default Importance of protecting CYP in setting.

Hello could anyone help with Safeguarding Unit pleeease...

3.1 Explain why it is important to ensure children and young people are protected from harm within the work setting.

Could anyone give me a few points to expand on, this unit is soooo big I feel like I'm just going on and on and on and on lol

Many Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, this pdf will help - Safeguarding children from walsall.gov.uk

Working together to safe guard children linked from DoH
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Sapphire is on a distinguished road

I'm finding this one difficult too... I mean isn't it enough to say
"Its important to protect C&YP from harm in settings because ITS IMPORTANT!!!"

But I don't think I'll get much of a mark for that! I agree with you derynjoe, it does some to be going on and on this unit.

In the C&YP's workforce handbook (By Penny Tassoni) Ive got it talks about how parents entrust a practitioners with their child, and how they feel reluctant to leave their precious ones in anyones care- and how as pratitioners we should be upholding that trust to ensure the child remains safe as well as making steady development.
It states that failing to uphold this trust is a breach of 'professional values'.
SO something on those lines I guess...:reading:
Unread 05-09-2011, 10:04 PM

puppet is on a distinguished road

All staff within the setting have clear responsibilites to protect children from harm and promote the welfare of children.

Thats why we have policies and procedures as its our duty to make sure children are not put at risk of eg abuse, neglect, bullying.
Unread 05-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by derynjoe View Post
Hello could anyone help with Safeguarding Unit pleeease...

3.1 Explain why it is important to ensure children and young people are protected from harm within the work setting.

Could anyone give me a few points to expand on, this unit is soooo big I feel like I'm just going on and on and on and on lol

Many Thanks
hI
Children do not have the knowledge or know how to protect themselves so we have a duty to help them achieve this.
i also put ininfo about policies and procedures such as Risk assessments, safe guarding (child protection), food hygiene and maintaining childrens safety and security on the premises. i put little examples with them such as food poisoning and cross infection.
Don't know if this will help and whether it is right because mine is with my tutor being marked (whole unit).
lynne
Unread 09-15-2012, 03:32 PM

limalo is on a distinguished road

I'm glad it's not just me! I have 'write a report on' and there are about 7 lines in the Tassoni book, thats not going to make much of a report. I thought about putting in some case studies to show what happens when they are not protected sufficiently well. I shall be glad when this one is done and dusted!!
Unread 01-16-2014, 04:37 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Xbcharltonx is on a distinguished road

Parents leave children in your care with an expectation that they can trust you to keep their children from harm. It is difficult for many parents to leave their children in an education or care setting, they need to be fully confident that their children are in safe, supportive hands with people who will help their development. Failing to meet this is a gross breach of your professional values.

================================================== ===================
If you're a student and reading this post kindly submitted by a silkysteps forum member
do not copy and paste it.
AVOID PLAGIARISM

Read it only, inform your knowledge and find links to creditable sources that you can quote.
Then write from your own perspective using your own words to reflect professional practice & research
================================================== ===================
Unread 08-23-2014, 10:52 PM

laurabass is on a distinguished road

Explain why it is important to ensure children and young people are protected from harm within the work setting
Really stuck on this unit can someone help!!!
Unread 08-24-2014, 12:17 PM

rotty dog is on a distinguished road

Hi Laura,
Don't over complicate it. I'm sure you can think of lots of reasons why it is important but I know that iy isn't always easy to get it down in writing.

When children are left in our care it is with a huge amount of trust from their parents. Professionals have a duty to protect children and to care for them in the absence of their parents. Carers need to feel confident that their child will come to no harm and that all their needs , physically and emotionally are catered for as well as being supported in all area of development.
Rotty dog