Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 02-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

emitchell285 is on a distinguished road
Default The importance of designing a service that responds to the needs of the children and young people

Can anyone please give me some pointers on the question The importance of designing a service that responds to the needs of the children and young people
I have already said The principle of designing services around children and young people is to improve their outcomes and meet all their needs. You must recognize that every child is unique. Firstly you need to establish what their care needs are so you are able to respond to these needs correctly. This can be done by liasing with parents/ careers also with other connected professionals also observing the child. If the service is meeting the individuals needs the parents/ careers will have no reason to be unhappy with the service provided and the child should remain in the setting. The children must be encouraged to meet their full potential. The 5 outcomes of the Every Child Matters provides a requirement for settings to aim high for the children in their care ensuring they have the opportunity to achieve each one of them and this must be followed.

Please help!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, maybe mention what the ecm outcomes are, if you use child development plans, caf & pre assessment as ways to establish needs, the types of services that are available internally and externally.

There is a case study in the collins handbook pg 299 that shows how a setting can design its service to meet a child's needs - recognising the importance of support in achieving positive outcomes.

It explains how Stephen, a three year old who with his family have only just moved to the area. He's been attending a local nursery/preschool for three weeks and isn't settling well. It's been observed that he is most happy playing outside and often tells staff how much he misses his pet dog. He enjoys stories being read and adult company.

The study then asks how, if you have named responsibility for him how you'd plan a activity using what you know from above to help him settle when he arrives tomorrow morning.

Things to consider are:
  • Why you choose the activity
  • Where it will take place
  • What resources you would need
To move the service on, support and extend opportunities ..
  • How could you find out more about his interests and ways to help him settle each day.
    and
  • What might you notice as Stephen begins to make his own choices.
Tom Rabbit and maybe Percy the Park keeper rabbits
Image copyright iStock© Silvia Jansen

There are other threads on the forum that may also help, search for 'designing services'

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Miss Moo is on a distinguished road
Thank you ladies just been looking for some help and I came across this and it was just what i needed
I would be lost without Silkysteps to help me through my course :jump: