Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 10-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Mrs Williams is on a distinguished road
Default Help please, Level 3 STLS homework

Hello, I'm new here and have enjoyed reading all the threads. I'm stuck on my homework which has to be in for tomorrow - our teacher gave us a planning sheet with these questions on -

L/601/1693 Understand Child and young person development STLS and CYPW Level 3

3.1 Explain how to monitor children and young people’s development using different methods

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A601/4072 Support assessment for learning STLS Level 3

3.1 Use information gained from monitoring learner participation and progress to help learners to review their learning strategies, achievements and future learning needs

and I'm a bit mixed up as they don't seem to go together? I've started the first question and covered Formative assessment and methods like free obs, and Summative assessment like SATs - am I on the right lines? I've also got the school's assessment policy and was going to put in a few small quotes from it.

Thanks - I bought the Heinemann primary book and can't tally up all the titles and numbers, need to buy a different book and can't find much by googling.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a warm welcome to the site.

Firstly the books. Don't buy more unless you can preview them in hand. You might find that you need to use the index and keywords to find relevant chapters/information.

The two variations of assessment criteria 3.1 do match as you are explaining how you monitor children's development through the infomation you've collected/gained in your setting. You may also find that what happens in your school to track progress is something you discuss during a visit with your assessor?

With a thought towards plagiarism xx this thread may help

Best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-22-2013, 04:49 PM

Thank you so much for your reply - I'm 56 and the oldest on the course - I'm finding juggling the 16 hours work placement in a primary school (I never knew the teachers got in at 8 am and am not enjoying walking my dog at 7 am!), the course work, my teenagers and husband, housework etc a bit tricky!
Unread 01-21-2014, 04:42 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sarahfaith399 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am currently on this question and wondered how you were all getting on?
Unread 01-21-2014, 05:03 PM

Hello - I'm terrible at listing my sources of reference and must be more disciplined about it as I can't tell you where I got some of my info - but got the assessment guidelines from my school, the government website which lists details about Early Years/K1/K2 assessment as well as using my book - the L3 Heinemann - and I included the TA assessments I've done in class. There's a lot to this assignment isn't there. I've set a table up in my bedroom with our old computer now so I can spread out, trouble is I can't sleep knowing it's all sitting there!
Unread 01-21-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Williams View Post
Hello - I'm terrible at listing my sources of reference and must be more disciplined about it as I can't tell you where I got some of my info - but got the assessment guidelines from my school, the government website which lists details about Early Years/K1/K2 assessment as well as using my book - the L3 Heinemann - and I included the TA assessments I've done in class. There's a lot to this assignment isn't there. I've set a table up in my bedroom with our old computer now so I can spread out, trouble is I can't sleep knowing it's all sitting there!

There really is so much to do! I have a degree and even that didn't involve this amount!
I am struggling to get a placement. Any suggestions? Xx
Unread 01-22-2014, 12:47 PM

Well I have emailed every single primary school in my area, do you think I would be able to answer the questions if I was to volunteer in a nursery?
Unread 01-24-2014, 03:05 PM

How much did everyone write per task? I find I'm writing 6 pages