Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Preschool themes and topics > Planning activities themes and topics for preschool early years > Feelings & emotions

Feelings & emotions Sadness, happiness, tears & smiles..... the huge range of emotions and their effects can be a very interesting theme - what have you done to explore these aspects...

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 05-10-2006, 12:29 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Biggrin National Smile Week

NATIONAL SMILE MONTH has extended itself from last years Smile week to this years month !

UPDATED FOR 2008 ~ 18th May - 17th June 2008
Give them a ring to order your campaign pack

Where the year differs from the current - Please, confirm the dates of the campaign with the main official website.Our Dates for your Diary page will contain more uptodate information on a month to month basis.We do strive to keep on top of updating our campaign forum threads and apologise if you happen to come across one that needs attention !

So get polishing those gnashers and practice beaming!

When I was still working in the dental surgery, we would have posters up and give out free toothpaste samples to encourage everyone to brighten their smile. (I must go and visit and see what I can accumulate!:rotfl:)

It's Spring, the sun is shining (at the moment!) and we should all be happy. Remember what you've been taught: "It takes more muscles to frown than smile" and "If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!" The last one is my favourite.

In fact, your mission should you choose to take it is::privateey during National Smile Week, purposefully look for the grumpiest person you can :gnasher: and give them your biggest beaming grin!! If they don't smile back, then they're beyond all help!:gloomy:

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 02-05-2008 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Updated for 2008 :-)

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-10-2006, 10:12 PM
cinders

Anyone want to give me a smile? I could do with one today! I seem to have lost mine! :sorry: :weepy:
Unread 05-10-2006, 11:08 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Thank you

Awww, Poor Anj!:sorry: Why? Do you wanna talk about it?

Here's a grin just for you: Swiftly followed by one of these:
Unread 05-11-2006, 04:44 PM
cinders

Awwwww thanks miss muffet! I really neeeded that! This site isnt the place to talk about it - but thank you for the offer!!

Chin up hey....things can only get better!
Unread 03-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Updated for 2007 .. and they've made the smiles last for longer this year lol
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Soapbox :-)

I've just read the press release on www.nationalsmileweek.org about the proposed Water fluoridation ~ Ignorance of fluoride benefits could prevent improvements in oral health fluoridation and wondered what everyones thoughts are on it ?

I personally think that the effort of getting dental isssues across is more important than giving a solution that takes away decision making from those at the recieving end !

Fluorite is in itself a stunning mineral - Images - but it is also a highly toxic one, if Fluorosis is an additional risk that could only be addressed after fluoridation of public water, aren't there more potentially successful options available.. so that everyone knows about fluoride, its safe and unsafe levels, where it can be found naturally & what it's added to artificially, that way we'd all know what our own levels & intakes are and if dental hygiene can be improved in other ways ..
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Administrator

It appears Fluoridation is again being pushed forwards :muted:

Quote:
"It would be far better to make sure everyone has free and equal access to dental care, before starting on something which the scientists are in case not agreed on, and which has real moral implications."

Professor Lennon agrees that the issue is a ethical one above all else.

"Because this is about asking people to look beyond themselves and ask not just what's best for my child, but what's best for my neighbour's child. It's a genuine moral debate."
here here .. provide the tools, knowledge & out reach & then maybe we can all benefit equally from improved dental care.

News release from the BBC & directly from GNN DoH
the cost of ad blockers