Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 08-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

jenmaz2468 is on a distinguished road
Default Cyp 3.7 (3.1)

An explanation of the potential impact of disability, special requirements (additional needs) and attitudes on positive outcomes for children and young people on the outcomes and life chances of children and young people ?????

Am I on right track or totally wrong? What else could I add??

Disabled children and young people appear to have very limited opportunities to access positive activities in their local areas. They require more and different things to do so that they can choose where and how they spend their free time participating in positive activities which are associated with positive outcomes in terms of children’s health, experiences of enjoyment and achievement and community participation. Unfortunately, disabled children and young people claim that bullying or fear spoils their experiences of, or stops them accessing, inclusive activities or using local leisure and recreation facilities. This can have a huge impact on their self esteem causing stress or depression. A physical impairment or chronic medical condition may prevent healthy development which would permit a child from becoming educated. The provision of information about positive activities needs to be improved and some families will need active support to identify and join positive activities provided, they will also require a lot of financial assistance to accommodate changes required and to support their day-to-day living. Opportunities to access positive activities need to be provided in inclusive settings and in ‘disability only’ groups. The most appropriate setting will differ according to children and young people’s own preferences, the nature of the child’s impairment, and the type of activity.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

LisaClaire is on a distinguished road

Hi, I've just done this unit this week too - the actual question caused me a lot of headaches, I don't think it's worded very well at all! Anyway, have a look at this report, I found it very helpful - http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/spru/pubs...aug2007-02.pdf

I also talked about the ECM 5 positive outcomes and how they could be compromised and I used the subheadings from the CACHE book and talked about each one, as these are the categories from the SEN code of practice:
- medical conditions
- communication and interaction
- cognition and learning
- behaviour, emotional and social development
- sensory and/or physical needs

Helps you think about needs other than just physical, like ASD or behavioural for example.

I also mentioned how other people's attitudes towards disability and additional needs can have an effect on children's outcomes, either positively or negatively - I assumed that this is what the "...attitudes on positive outcomes for children and young people..." bit of the question meant.

I've only just sent this in to my assessor today, so hasn't been checked yet, so I can't guarantee I've got it all right, but fingers crossed and I hope that's helped a bit!