Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 05-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kellysp1 is on a distinguished road
Default nvq 3 adult expectations

Hi all
i have been given a question that includes adult expectations
When expectations are realistic, it is easy for a child to experience success and feel personally valuable. On the other hand, when expectations are too high or too rigid, parents often express disappointment in their child’s actions. As disappointments mount up, they begin to eat away at a child’s view of his own value and his self-esteem begins to diminish.
this is what i have so far can anyone help please

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysp1 View Post
Hi all
i have been given a question that includes adult expectations
When expectations are realistic, it is easy for a child to experience success and feel personally valuable. On the other hand, when expectations are too high or too rigid, parents often express disappointment in their child’s actions. As disappointments mount up, they begin to eat away at a child’s view of his own value and his self-esteem begins to diminish.
this is what i have so far can anyone help please
Don't forget to give an example to back up what you are writing about such as if an adult (parent or practitioner) sees a child attempt and complete a jigsaw puzzle of 6 pieces, they may give and expect a child to complete a 24 piece puzzle - after all (in the adult's mind) it's only placing more pieces in. The child though may be daunted -it's too big a leap, they wanted to keep practising on a 6 piece puzzle to re-enforce their knowledge, they were encouraged to attempt the 6 piece puzzle as it was of something they liked (such as Thomas the Tank engine) or they may have watched an older or more able child role model as they completed it. Coming to the puzzle table to find the 6 piece has disappeared and only 24+ pieced puzzles may make a child go elsewhere.

Children need to develop at their own pace, but with support and encouragement and providing different puzzles (2d & 3d, different subjects and sizes) .

This is just one example but you'll be able to think of others i.e. toilet training etc, but your assessor will want you to show how you translate the theory into practice.
Unread 05-14-2011, 07:46 PM

thanks that was very helpful should i also include the fact that to high expectation can lead to life taking or is that to much
Unread 05-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysp1 View Post
thanks that was very helpful should i also include the fact that to high expectation can lead to life taking or is that to much
I only work with children up to the age of five years and didn't have that in mind. I'm not sure to be honest, it's such a startling statement and without having factual material infront of me, I'd be a dubious to commit that to on paper.
When anyone (a teenager, young adult or older) commit suicide, there are sometimes other reasons and it also depends on their state of mind. When I've read of teenagers (thankfully very rare) of taking their own life whilst they wait for exam results, the pressure often comes from themselves.

I know of one boy that did this in my school year when we took our 'a' levels many many years ago and it was after he took them, he was such a perfectionist (and very clever) and could not bear to think he had not achieved what 'he' had to get. He got straight 'a's in all subjects, but he wasn't around to find out.
I'm not sure of your criteria you are being asked for, so will leave that up to you to decide.
Unread 05-14-2011, 09:05 PM

very sorry to hear that, its a very open ended question i think i will leave this part out. thank you for your reply