Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 09-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Mandy246 is on a distinguished road
Default Unit 305***please help***

Hi
Im struggling on 305 3.5 explain when and how to refer other adults to further sources of information, advice and support. I just cant get my head round this. Any tips, help and advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-21-2012, 09:06 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Piggywiggy56 is on a distinguished road

I wrote about how I helped to make resources and how to direct people to the correct resources and outside agencies if they were having problems e.g Helping members of staff with students that I knew well. Letting them know where to obtain SEN information.
Unread 09-04-2013, 10:23 PM

lil-miss-lala is on a distinguished road
General question

Hi, i'm also struggling with this. so far I have written about what type of people may ask for information and may need referring and also what to do and say if you are unsure. I am struggling to write about the different services that may be able to help for different situations... any ideas?

x
Unread 02-05-2017, 02:45 PM

nicnocz17 is on a distinguished road

I'm doing this at the minute and I have no clue as to what I'm suppose to be saying. In my notes it says give at least 3 examples i.e parent, external professional and colleague but I have no clue what I'm suppose to be talking about.
Unread 02-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, this thread may help: http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16306

Consider when you would give information, advice & support to a parent?

When would you for an external professional?

and when would you for a colleague?

examples might be when a parent approaches and asks you about an activity their child is expecting to take part in, or they have news about the health of their child, or they might want to request a meeting.

External professionals might ask you about the well-being of a child.

Colleagues may have need to share an observation/information about a child, feel overwhelmed, express difficulty in managing behaviour, be unsure about doing something that the setting's policies and procedures would explain.

Page 81 of the STL handbook

Hope this helps a little & a warm welcome to the site :)

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-05-2017, 03:23 PM

nicnocz17 is on a distinguished road

thankyou. I had managed to get it completed though. basically used 3 examples and made up scenarios of what these people would ask of me and what professional or information I would direct them too. I made short notes of situations when I wouldn't be covered to divulge information also.
Unread 02-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

great :) if you find you need evidence for this criteria you could use reflective accounts from situations that actually happened at work & how your responses complied with the policy and procedure eg. confidentiality xx
the cost of ad blockers