Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

MadMum1972 is on a distinguished road
Default Interest Table

Hi All

Please, is there anybody out there who can save my husband from the pain of hearing me going on about my interest table?? :

I have an observation on 8 January, and I am contemplating the interest table being based upon a winter theme.

I was going to lay a pale blue sheet on the table to give the illusion of it being cold, I have purchased some fake snow to give it a winter theme. I thought I could put the 'snow' on a large tray and allow the chidren to drive the little cars through it (as they seem to love driving the cars through anything!), I have some cuddly snowmen and polar bears to sit behind the snow and was also thinking about using my led blue lights at the back of the table for visual stimulation and effect. I also thought about having some winter leaves on the table and ask the children if they would like to do some rubbings of them, after exploring how they feel, eg crispy, crunchy etc. Also, from somewhere, I am on the lookout for toy animals that hibernate, and make a little bed for them, asking the children if they know any animals that hibernate and why etc. I am going to visit the library too, for any picture books to do with winter.

I have managed to convince myself that this all sounds complete rubbish and that the children won't be interested (not too good for an interest table!).

I have also looked at the criteria and see that it also needs to promote positive images of people. The only thing I can think to do is use the multi cultural dolls and wrap them up in warm clothes/blankets etc.

It also states that it needs to be aromatic but I can't think of what to do here - any ideas??!!!

If there is anybody out there who can possibly help in any way, I would be so grateful. I am having sleepness nights over this now and I am terribly worried!

Thanks ever so much for any help, however small!

Andrea xx

-----------------------------------------