Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 06-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

gracygrey is on a distinguished road
Default CYP Core 3.3 2.1 - 2.4 importance of safeguarding and chilcare act summary

Hi, I am hoping to get some of this unit done tonight so any help with 2.1 - 2.3 would be amazing

2.1 explain the importance of safeguarding children and young people
2.2 explain the importance of child centered approach
2.3 explain what is meant by partnership working in the context of safeguarding
x

================================================== ====
Information on each individual CYPW unit can be found on this page
================================================== ====

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

2.1 It is important to safeguard children and young people because no one deserves to be abused whether it be physical, sexual or emotional abuse and no child or young person deserves to be neglected and we as a society have a duty to protect them from harm. Every child deserves to live without the fear of harm or abuse. If we protect children from harm they are more likely to grow up into confident members of society. Children with a disability are three times more likely to experience abuse and neglect and its up to us as practitioners to recognise the signs and symptoms to protect all children.

2.2 The importance of a child or young persons centred approach is to understand that every child is different. The national framework of Every Child Matters was set up to support the joining up of services to ensure every child can achieve the five Every Child Matters outcomes. Support is offered to children to enable them to be healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution and achieve economic well-being. All services aimed at children or young people are based around the planning and meeting of the individual needs. Children’s wishes should be taken into account during decision making to give them a sense of belonging and not to be made to feel as though its them who’s to blame this should be done in a sensitive manner and they should be listened to to find out how they are feeling and what they would like.

2.3 The importance of partnership working to safeguard is that agencies and other professionals need to work together, it starts with government legislation right through to local working. Each professional or agency will have a different role of expertise so vulnerable children will need coordinated help from health, education, children social care and the voluntary sector and often the justice services so its important that there is good communication within all the different services available. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children depends on effective partnership working between agencies and professionals all people involved in the welfare of a child have a duty to safeguard them. Police, health, visitor, GP, hospital, child minder, nursery, school, after school club, leisure groups such as football, swimming, brownies, social worker, family, friends, neighbours and the local community are all responsible for safeguarding our children and young people and its important we all work and communicate together. The common assessment framework provides a way for early intervention for children before it reaches crisis point. It is a shared assessment and planning framework for all communication and that information is shared between different professionals and organisations. The assessment framework centres on child safeguarding and promoting welfare. practitioners to use who work with children. Its aimed at helping with
hope this helps and gives you some ideas x

----------------------------------
Level three CYPW handbooks on amazon
Unread 06-15-2011, 05:59 PM

That is so kind of you thank you.
Can I just ask, how much do you write on average for a question like those?
I have found myself doing an A4 typed sheet or more for most questions am I doing too much which is why this course seems to be taking ages?
Would you mind if I showed you what I had written for 1.4 inquiries and serious case reviews? sounded ok in my head but now not so sure
Unread 06-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi,
im doing CYPW 3 diploma and for the safeguarding unit i did 16 pages of written work with many, many hours spent researching it was the 1st unit i did im hoping to finish next month fingers crossed. are you on same course and it really is lots of hard work what with work and a child to look after. And i will have a look at what you have written thats not a problem we are all here to help one another with help and advice x
Unread 06-15-2011, 06:39 PM

Yep Lev 3 diploma CYPW as well. Will pm you my piece as putting it up on here might make it obvious I am getting it all wrong so I would rather that was done a bit more privately :laughing:
I am really struggling to fit this course in, work 7 days a week, 2 kids under 6 and a DH who delegates the running of his 2 businesses to me - joy!

thank you again
Claire x
Unread 07-26-2015, 04:02 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

amyfletcher94 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracygrey View Post
Yep Lev 3 diploma CYPW as well. Will pm you my piece as putting it up on here might make it obvious I am getting it all wrong so I would rather that was done a bit more privately :laughing:
I am really struggling to fit this course in, work 7 days a week, 2 kids under 6 and a DH who delegates the running of his 2 businesses to me - joy!

thank you again
Claire x
i know how you feel, im in the same sort of boat, i work full time with 2 children 3 and under, i struggle to find time to fit my course work in, as i also have to bring home work from work.

but i just keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it when im done. xx
Unread 07-13-2017, 10:40 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kerrim is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am doing unit 11 1.4 at the moment. My assessor instructions are " research a Serious Case review then explain when and why these are done and how practice was changed due to the findings" Not really sure how to set it out. Am I supposed to write about a particular Case Review and then breakdown what went wrong, what should've happened ?. Also what if the case I choose did not affect any policies (or should I look for a case that changed legislation). Any ideas what is a good case to review (other than the Victoria Climbie Case as I've already referenced this in previous work) Just not sure how to get started on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by kerrim : 07-13-2017 at 10:46 AM. Reason: .
Unread 10-11-2012, 01:46 PM

Georgette2000 is on a distinguished road

This has been a great help! I am struggling through child development and safeguarding as my first two units on my level 3 diploma! I have asked my assessor how much I need to write and how much detail I need to have included.... she told me as long as I cover the assessment criteria and explain clearly my knowledge that fine!!? She pointed out that the level 3 diploma is around the equivalent of doing three A levels... so alongside working 60 hours a week and running a home... might be why I am struggling!! Pleased to hear someone else has written 16 pages for safeguarding... maybe I am on the right track!! :}
Unread 10-28-2016, 08:34 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

ceri12 is on a distinguished road
star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgette2000 View Post
This has been a great help! I am struggling through child development and safeguarding as my first two units on my level 3 diploma! I have asked my assessor how much I need to write and how much detail I need to have included.... she told me as long as I cover the assessment criteria and explain clearly my knowledge that fine!!? She pointed out that the level 3 diploma is around the equivalent of doing three A levels... so alongside working 60 hours a week and running a home... might be why I am struggling!! Pleased to hear someone else has written 16 pages for safeguarding... maybe I am on the right track!! :}
don't worry I'm doing a level 3 in play work and my unit 1 was 16 pages, unit 2 was 22 pages and I'm working through unit 3 and its currently 12 pages long. Like your assessor says as long as you show your understanding and knowledge and cover all the criteria then it should be fine. I did the level 5 in childcare management and they complemented how professional it was and never said anything about the length of the units. I would prefer to hand in a unit that's 22 pages long or more and know I have all the criteria in it.

Hope that gives you some comfort about the unit length.
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:15 PM

maudy16 is on a distinguished road

Hi ladies sorry to jump on your post, I am totally in agreement I am finding this course very difficult, I have only just started and thought it was my management skills but I have come to realise there is just so much content.
I only work as a volunteer at a local school 3 days but have 3 littlies, 2 of which have reading and homework to do. There are just not enough hours in the day :( but this site is fantastic I have only used it for this unit on Safeguarding but it has given me a starting point as to where to be looking.
So thanks to all that post - I promise once I am more on track with my schedule ill be trying to help as much as the other lovely people on here.