Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 04-23-2014, 03:03 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

neenee26 is on a distinguished road

I was recommended the Heinmann Level 3 Diploma text book by my assessor and I have to say it has been invaluable and extremely easy to follow :-)

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Layne81 is on a distinguished road

I used this one and sailed through my level 3
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...=silkysteps-21
You do need to do online research too and your assessor should have a myriad of resources to help you.
Unread 05-08-2014, 03:26 PM

sabey661 is on a distinguished road

hi i have been told by my tutor to reference my work. im getting most of my information from silky steps i dont understand what he means by reference, could someone clearly and kindly explain as my tutor is refusing to
Unread 05-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, referencing your work means to credit/mention all the sources that you gathered your information from.

For a qualification these sources need to be creditable - about reliable sources.

The content on silkysteps is to be used for information/reading only. What you find on here will help prompt you into realising what's happening in your own setting and practice is something you can write about. There are also links to many creditable sources onsite that you can use and then reference when quoting them.

http://www.neilstoolbox.com/bibliography-creator/

Sources you can reference include
Your setting's policies and procedures
Your home nation's early years framework
Sector endorsed books
Professional research
Case studies and projects undertaken by suitably qualified organisations and individuals
You can reference government policy and publications, OFSTED if in England, NHS resources, local authority publications and documents.
Documents and strategies published by professional charities, representative bodies, unions

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-15-2014, 07:17 PM

JashR is on a distinguished road

Hi!

I'm doing my Level 3 in Children and Young Peoples Workforce and I use the Heinemann, the one by Penny Tassoni, Kate Beith, Kath Bulman and Sue Griffin.

Its so relevant to my course and easy to read and learn and I love it!
Unread 05-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Raz is on a distinguished road

Whichever one you pick, the most helpful thing is to make sure you can link the keywords in the outcomes, (the thing you have to write about), to the subheadings in the textbook. This is the key to knowing what you need to include.

If the legislation in the book is out of date you will need to adapt it to show current legislation. Generally anything before 2010 has been updated by the current Govt. Anything which says DCSF is out of date as we now have DoE.

You will find some optional units are not in all, (or even any), textbook.

I have the Heinemann as it came with my course. It's useful for understanding what content to include but as I said above, it is one of the books which is out of date. Nobody can enrol on this CYPW diploma after August so you will probably be able to pick all the textbooks up cheaply soon :)
Unread 06-04-2014, 12:48 PM

sianh2007 is on a distinguished road

I've been using the Heinemann book and it has proved to be worth every penny!
Unread 04-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Andreia is on a distinguished road

I bought the CACHE one, still waiting to arrive ..I hope is good, the reviews at amazon, are not bad.
Unread 07-26-2016, 05:56 PM

sophiechildcarehelp is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice about which textbook is best to help with the Level 3 Diploma EYE qualification. I have found 2 CACHE textbooks online but these are the 2 titles:

Cache Level 3 Child Care and Education (Early Years Educator)

or

Cache Level 3 Early Years Educator for the Work-Based Learner

Can anyone tell me which book would be best to use for my level 3 qualification? I'm due to start it in September and I would really like to buy the textbook now to at least start having a look at what I'm going to be working on/learning about as I've just completed my Edexcel Level 2 Certificate for The Children and Young People Workforce so I know it will be a completely different course.

Also the official name of my course is Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (Early Years Educator) if this helps anyone? In case anyone is wondering as well I am suppose to be working in a childminding setting so I will be working at the same time as doing the course attending college once a fortnight on a Tuesday to hand in assignments etc.

Please could someone help as my soon to be tutor is on annual leave for the 6 weeks and like I said I would really like to start having a look at what work I will be learning/doing with the level 3.

Thanks!
Unread 07-29-2016, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, you're best placed to ask your course provider which title is most closely linked to your course and the fact that you're a home based care provider as the recommended handbooks can depend on the awarding body (Cache/EdExcel/OCR)

Cache's work based learner does seem popular, and although it sadly becomes expensive there's also a childminding handbook that you might find supportive - level 3 home based care

The classroom based handbook is good for full time college rather than once a fortnight.

Let us know what they say & very best wishes for September xx
the cost of ad blockers