Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 02-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

change-of-career is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Please help regarding Level 3 ccld, unit 303...regarding EYFS

hello to everyone, this is my first post and i must say what a life line this website has been.....FANTASTIC

I just have one problem, i am working my way through my units i have most of them finished but i am yet to complet unit 3
(i am doing level 3 ccld)

My assessor have marked in pencil that most of the unit will be covered by EYFS

I am just not sure what i am meant to do for EYSE

Do i do an essay on, or print out info on EYFS?????

The rest of unit 3 was covered by me doing child development assissment, promoting child development, and writing up certain questions.

That leaves me with 303.1, 303.2, 303.3, 303.4 and my first 5 knowledge questions that i cover with EYFS......What should i do for EYFS ???? i cant get hold of my tutor!!!!

Any help will be much appreiciated, and thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twinthing is on a distinguished road

I think your tutor means that if you research the EYFS documents, get the pack with the guidance and cd from your setting, read it and it will give you all the answers you need.
Unread 02-14-2011, 06:13 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

you only put work you have generated in your portfolio printing stuff off isn't allowed as it isnt your work
Unread 02-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twinthing is on a distinguished road

i agree with tutu, you need to read it and write your own work to put in your portfolio ( i didnt make that very clear did i? lol)
Unread 02-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

tigi_2003 is on a distinguished road

Hi you might want to write about the following as this will cover Knowledge & PC's;

Explain the role of childcare practitioner in observing and assessing children.
Write about your policies and procedures for assessing and observing children’s development.

Consider the following points:
•Why you observe,
•Who you observe,
•How often you observe,
•What you do after an observation,
•How you use the EYFS,
•Summative and formative assessments,
•Reliability of assessments,
•Baseline information,
•Participant/non-participant observer,
•Parental involvement,
•Environment,
•How observations and assessments are used in planning and reviewing/improving provision.
•Explain what safeguards need to be followed before and when observing a child,
•Explain what information needs to be recorded when observing and assessing a child’s development.
•Explain where observations and children’s development information is stored along with who this is shared with. Consider policies of the setting and data protection/confidentiality.

Explain the role of other professionals in observing and assessing children development.

Explain when you would refer any concerns, should you have any following observing a child. Then, explain who you would refer any concerns to.

Also write about the EYFS:

Explain how the EYFS is used in your setting in everyday routines – include briefly stating how each of the 5 Welfare Requirements are followed/met in your setting.

Explain your role and responsibility in planning, implementing and reviewing the early year’s curriculum.

Explain the role of other professionals in planning, implementing and reviewing the early year’s curriculum.
What does EYFS mean?
When was the EYFS introduced?
What does this replace?
What replaces OFSTED’s 14 national standards?
Explain the four themes:
Name the six areas of learning
What are the age categories within the EYFS?
How are practitioners required to plan for children when following the EYFS?
Can you name the principles relating to the theme’s?
How many commitments follow each principle?
Can you name each colour relating to the correct theme?

This will cover the majority if you write about this relating to your theme.

Hope this helps :)
Unread 02-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

change-of-career is on a distinguished road

thankyou guys so much for your take on what i should do, especially tigi your a star

i can crack on now.....thanks x