Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 05-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

S4d4f is on a distinguished road

my assessor want an a4 side of each question!!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

samd is on a distinguished road

Hi

My assessor said about a paragraph for each question.

Sam x
Unread 05-25-2009, 04:39 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

THEY ARE NOT QUESTIONS
it says very clearly in the front of your cache handbook that the knowledge evidence are not just to be answered as questions. i spoke to cache about this last week and their response was if any candidate is being told to answer them as questions then they run the risk of being failed by the IV. the assessor ios supposed to ctivitly assess thse Ks by professional discussions, RAs, Q and As and SOME written questions not just point to them and say answer them. they should be posed as written questions by the assessor on a special sheet as part of a planned piece of work. they are going to be investigating this as apparently a lot of students are complaining that assessors are doing this and it is completely against the spirit of the NVQ.
Unread 06-13-2009, 06:58 PM

jelly belly is on a distinguished road
Whoop whoop - yayy

I Have Have Just Done 301, 302, 303, 304 And 306 In 2 Weeks This Course Is Driving Me Crazy I Just Want It Out Of The Way So I Can Get Better Wage As I Am On £80 A Week
Unread 10-13-2009, 10:23 PM

maz82 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
THEY ARE NOT QUESTIONS
it says very clearly in the front of your cache handbook that the knowledge evidence are not just to be answered as questions. i spoke to cache about this last week and their response was if any candidate is being told to answer them as questions then they run the risk of being failed by the IV. the assessor ios supposed to ctivitly assess thse Ks by professional discussions, RAs, Q and As and SOME written questions not just point to them and say answer them. they should be posed as written questions by the assessor on a special sheet as part of a planned piece of work. they are going to be investigating this as apparently a lot of students are complaining that assessors are doing this and it is completely against the spirit of the NVQ.
This is exactly what my assesor did with my level 3!! Told me to answer them like questions. Starting my level 3 this wk so lets see how its goes!!
Unread 01-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kirkycharlie is on a distinguished road

i am finding it hard my nvq 3 i dnt have a folder but do it through then envq website which i am finding a bit wierd as i only get work to do when my asser comes to see me
Unread 01-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twinthing is on a distinguished road

I find it very confusing, my co workers all did nvq3 over the last few years, all 3 of them had seperate folders for each unit and one big folder for evidence....my tutor has given us on lever arch folder to put all the units and evidence in.....my co workers were able to get units signed off individulally were as I think I will have to submit the whole thing!!! not even sure when our tutor is even gonna check how much we have done and if we are doing it right!!! I have tutorials once a month and spend the rest of the time doing a couple of pieces of work a week......
Unread 01-29-2010, 11:02 PM

kirkycharlie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinthing View Post
I find it very confusing, my co workers all did nvq3 over the last few years, all 3 of them had seperate folders for each unit and one big folder for evidence....my tutor has given us on lever arch folder to put all the units and evidence in.....my co workers were able to get units signed off individulally were as I think I will have to submit the whole thing!!! not even sure when our tutor is even gonna check how much we have done and if we are doing it right!!! I have tutorials once a month and spend the rest of the time doing a couple of pieces of work a week......
at least u get a folder i cant do anywork as i have to wait till my assesser comes to observe me then given work to do she has only been to see me three times since sept i really want to get it finished
Unread 03-24-2010, 03:26 PM

trace_80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat89 View Post
Im new to my nvq 3 childcare and getiing a bit stuck on the questions. how much should be written on each question?
HI you will need to write about half a page or more i asked people who already completed their level 3. Good luck with it.
Unread 05-17-2010, 02:43 PM

deanna is on a distinguished road

Hi ya I read your thread, I am also doing my level 3 via the school I work in, I started my course in November and my assesor is only coming to see me for the first time on the 23rd of June. I have had no support and I'm doing everything by myself not knowing if I'm doing anything right. Im really nervous as I dont understand the knowlege, I dont want to sound to thick I do know about my knowlegde in the classroom and at work but I dont know what she wants me to do or hand in. Any tips? many thanks Deanna