Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 02-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

j.trina10 is on a distinguished road
Default Diploma

Hi all, i have to do a questionnaire about parents preference for communication in my setting and have hit a brick wall!. I have put a few questions like...How would you like to be addressed? What is your first language? What would be your preferred method for information? and basically i now have got a serious mind blank and it has got to be in on Wednesday!
Any help will be great. Thanks x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.trina10 View Post
Hi all, i have to do a questionnaire about parents preference for communication in my setting and have hit a brick wall!. I have put a few questions like...How would you like to be addressed? What is your first language? What would be your preferred method for information? and basically i now have got a serious mind blank and it has got to be in on Wednesday!
Any help will be great. Thanks x
How would they prefer the setting to communicate with them?

If they do not work and have free time, perhaps they like to read every last notice on your board - if so, keep it up to date with relevant information.

A written note in a communication book that goes back and forth to the setting and can be found in the child's bag (they could be a busy working parent and have to dash off as soon as they drop a child off.

email - they can read and reply when it is convenient for them, even if it's 4am, they aren't disturbing your sleep!

telephone - do they like someone from the setting to get in touch termly to speak about anything? or send text messages?

If they have a disability such as they are deaf or blind ask they if they would feel more comfortable talking over any matters in a private room or away from others?

If they do not understand written English as they have their own language - ask them if they would like you to go about getting their newsletters etc translated for them (early years will help you here)

or are they quite content on receiving a termly newsletter from you to keep them up to date?

These are just some suggestions, but another answer could be that you ask them - just incase they want to request something that is specific to their needs.
Unread 02-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

j.trina10 is on a distinguished road

Thank you this was a great help.