Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 12-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Katehurdy is on a distinguished road
Default Unit 1 1.1

Hi, I've just signed up for the nvq and need a kick start to help me. The last time I did any coursework was back in 2001! I am doing unit 1 1.1 and need a little guidance as to what to include. It's for my comms 1000 word document. Any help much appreciated
Kate

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-16-2013, 09:20 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

You will need to do a lot of work as this is a very rigorous course with high academic standards so make sure you have practised your academic writing first. We tend to use the Harvard system so revise that. you need to tell us what the task is here as different bodies use different codings for tasks.
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:26 PM

Thank you for replying. It's to understand the impact of early years curriculum models on the application of theoretical perspectives of child's care, learning and development.
Unread 12-17-2013, 03:09 PM

oh this is basic and will need to be done thoroughly as it will underpin all the other units.
you need to think back to your level 3 and the theories you examined then. you need to consider the eyes and how it uses the perspectives to deliver the curriculum and the impact it has. i would expect at least 4 theories modern ones if possible not freud etc. clear examples of theoretical application and connection to the eyes perspective and implementation.
Unread 12-17-2013, 08:08 PM

Thank you for your help, my assessor didn't mention anything to me, just told me what the unit was. (Even though she forgot to bring the nvq learning outcomes and criteria!) she is also not responding to emails or a phone call. Thank you for your advice :)
Unread 12-17-2013, 08:48 PM

aren't you in class! this is equivalent to the second year of a degree you should be taught it by a very senior tutor start as you mean to go do not let them get away with cheating you on your teaching. i presume you have paid a fortune for it? if its no good complain and go elsewhere. My level 5s are in class every week
Unread 12-17-2013, 08:56 PM

No it's with a training centre. I have only met my tutor once when she failed to bring all relevant information and my next meeting is the middle of January! I completed by diploma in early years in college in 2001. I am very disappointed in the way she has just given myself and work colegues the unit and no information. Just "look online". I am going to complain but also trying to complete the work I am given on the very little information I have been "taught"