Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 10-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

sparky31 is on a distinguished road
Default k3d219 the why not the how?

evening all.
just trying to write the why part of k3d219 1-20
ive been at this for the last few weeks and its sending me crazy.
any pointer would be great

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-02-2010, 10:42 PM
chelsey-lou

hi what unit is this for? i should be able to help x
Unread 10-03-2010, 04:46 PM

sorry about that......its for 303 unit
Unread 10-03-2010, 10:02 PM
chelsey-lou

Hi sparky31, this may take a while! but it should help you! This is what I wrote on the question

1) in order to provide a safe and encouraging evironment your setting should have many safety measures in place to ensure the safety of all. these should include risk assesments and various policies to include fire, health and safety and security policy. also pupils have rules to ensure thier own and others safety. to provide an encouraging environment all staff should praise and encourage the pupils during lessons, giving rewards for different achievements. this is important to help children develop confidence and self esteem.

2,3, 4) to make sure all children can take part equally your setting that you work within have policies in place- inclusion, equal opportunties and special needs which details how and why it is important to ensure this, this is done by giving all children the same opportunities with stragies and measures in place to esnure they can achieve this. this is importnat to ensure that all children feel valued and are provided with the same level of care and all children's needs are met. we can adapt our delievery of practice to suit individual children such as one to one supportm or changing an activity by extending learning for a more able children and lessening difficulty level for the more needy children. we can provide special equipment for disabled children and there are also disabled toilet facilities available. this also ensures that we provide anti discriminatory practice as each children given the same opportunities for learning and meeting all individual and group need throughout the pre-school

5) we give meaningful praise and encouragement through reward systems, and also verbal praise during sessions and also award certificates where children are encouraged to recognise their achievements and it is shared with others. this is important to enable pupils to develop confidence and feel good about themselves and also helps children to develop close and consistent relationships with staff.

6) it is important to support all childrens emotional wellbeing, confidence and resilience to help the child to develop and feel relaxed and happy within the school environment. a happy child will learn more and be more keen to learn. this can be done by being more aware of children's needs at all times and being able to offer reassurance and support whenever necessary towards them. recognising children different needs it vital to esnure that all children are comfortable with the evironment and can thrive happily. all children have different needs nd these should be recognised and addressed as soon as possible in a friendly and non judgemental way.

7) we encourage independence and self care from a young age in nursery. the children are supported and encouraged to learn to use the toilet unaided, to blow their own nose, to serve their own snack, pour their own drinks and are praised for thier efforts whenever. they are taught to be responsible for tidying away and keeping the room tidy during the day with help as they go to the older rooms. all children are encouraged to use the soap to wash their hands and also learn how to clean their teeth properly.

8) when dealing with behaviour, it is important that all staff understand the behaviour policy and procedures, dealing with behaviour incidents with children in the nursery. we need to as staff all use the same measures and strategies to deal with any positive and negative behaviour to ensure that the children do not become confused and learn what appropriate behaviour and what is expected of them.

9) it is important that children are given opportunties to access, take risks and face challenges for themselves within the nursery. this will hlpe them to recognise what they feel is safe and what us not ans enable them to care for themsevles safely. by not allowing children to take risks it can make the child nervous of trying things and it doesn't help to prepare them for adulthood and can damage their own level of confidence.

10) we offer all kinds of diffrent opportunities with the setting for exploration and different experiences. this is one through different activities, equipment and strategies e.g. role play, outdoor play and exploration, craft opportunities where children are provided with a range of craft materials to work with and develop thier creative skills and styles. if children are offered a variety of different exploring and variety of experiences, they will develop interest in what they are learning and not become bored and more willing to learn and take an active role in an activity.

11) it is important to give children opps to experience different cultural experiences. we can do this within the setting through cultural topics, images around the setting, use of cultural toys in tole play and small world play. children need to learn that people are different and have different views and preferences and learn to respect the differences and see them positivily

12) we support literacy, mark making, writing and recognition of environmental print on a daily basis. the children listen to a story daily and are encouraged to look at written words of thier own names when they come in in the morning and also to find thier place at the table for meals. children are also encouraged to take part in mark making and the older children are also encouaraged to learn to recognise and write thier own name. younger children do letter puzzles and lwtter blocks while the older children learn to recoginse as many words as possible. this is important as this prepares them for thier school environment and can be the basis of their learning when they get to school.

Hope this helps and I will try to answer the other half of it tomorrow for you xxx good luck with it.
Unread 10-04-2010, 10:33 PM

hi chelsey-lou
thank you so much for this........ i just needed a pointer in the right direction.
to be honest with you i think im making it harder than it is.
id made a start.......this is what i started writing.
1+10- provide an enviroment that children feel cared for. which is free from any forms of bullying and discrimination. allowing the children to develop and grow emotionally. setting must follow health n safety 1974 to ensure that correct procedures are followed for the safety of both children and staff.
5+6- provide positive relationships so that children feel safe, cared for and reassured. children learn to be strong and independant from a base of loving relationships.
8- ensure staff are good role models and that they help children to develop and learn an understanding of what is right and wrong. what effects their words and actions can cause to themselves and others.
thats as far as i got..... as i felt i was going off in the wrong direction.
thanks again you have definatly got me back on track..........wish me luck!!!!!
Unread 10-06-2010, 10:19 AM
chelsey-lou

Your more than welcome hun, glad to of helped, will also do the other half later on for you. Thats what I needed when I did this question was someone to point me in the right direction, sometimes thats what you need when you're unsure or been looking at the same question over and over again!

Good Luck hun you will be fine :) x
Unread 10-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

LadyP is on a distinguished road

This is a brilliant help...waiting on the other half though lol
Unread 10-08-2010, 08:43 PM
chelsey-lou

I will post up the other half soon! :) Promise x
Unread 10-08-2010, 09:34 PM
chelsey-lou

As promised the second half!!

13) we use verbal and non verbal communication whenever possible with the children within our care. non verbal communication can be facial expressions, eye contact and body language as well as simple signing. all the children are encouraged to learn some signing as part of morning register. also we have a daily circle time and show and tell where children are encouraged to relate to adults and listen to thier friends. we encourage the children to talk about thier home life and also about what they have been doing i.e what they did at the weekend or on their day off if they have one during the week etc. we finish off circle time each day with a choice of songs and rhymes chosen by the children where we all sing together and learn new rhymes.

14) if we have a child at within the setting who has communication difficulties as English may not be thier first language we can contact an outside agency to get futher support. we can work closely with the parents and learn some of the child's first language key words. we need to remember to speak slowly and clearly and face the child when speaking making full use of facial expression. we can also use picture images and have pictures up around the setting explaining the routine. (in my old setting we made 'flash cards' made up and stuck them on a cupboard board of the daily routine- hang coat up, play time etc, and once we did one thing child's key worker will go with child to take last pic down and talk about whats happening next- he had austim) we can also provide more one to one support for the child.

16) we support maths in the nursery by doing counting each morning. counting the number of boys and girls, identifying which there is more of and also include sorting by encouraging children to identify what group they are in by the colours they are wearing. we also have number jigsaws and also dominos to encourage matching, we have sorting bears where the children are encourage to sort the colours and sizes of the bears and count each group. this is important as maths and counting, sorting and matching will help a child for when they are ready to begin school and again is an important basis to learning. (would also say this area covers no 17 as well)

19,20)

children are given daily opportunities with outdoor recreation daily to develop their physical skills. also each week planned PE lessons are provided where pupils learn to use different equipment such as ropes, balance beams, bats and balls. this is a regular lesson within the school and is important for the pupils as not only does it help them to release pent up energy and frustrations through the physical play and also helps them to develop confidence as they achieve
Unread 10-16-2010, 10:45 PM

hi there chelsey-lou
just thought i would up date you i have finally finished the why
part of k3d219 1-20.
thanks for the pointers it was a good push in the right direction.
im handing it in on tues morning. so fingers cross x
keep up the good work thanks again for your help.