Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 10-17-2010, 05:32 PM
chelsey-lou

hey sparky31 :)

Well done on finishing the why part of the question, so glad I could help you out on this question. I know what its like being unsure on a question.

Chelsey x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

sparky31 is on a distinguished road

yippee :-) handed it in on tues.......... got it back all mark no problems.
now ive done that just need to finish bits in 308,307,323 and ive done and can hand my file in............ the ends in sight :-) but it still feels like im miles away from the finishing line :-(
Unread 10-24-2010, 12:41 AM
chelsey-lou

im so pleased that it got marked off with no problems!! if u need anymore help with ur other units let me know and ill see if i can help as i remember doing 308 and 307.

your be finished before you know it hun! so dont worry it may seem that way at the moment but it wont be like that forever! :)
Unread 03-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

rak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsey-lou View Post
As promised the second half!!

13) we use verbal and non verbal communication whenever possible with the children within our care. non verbal communication can be facial expressions, eye contact and body language as well as simple signing. all the children are encouraged to learn some signing as part of morning register. also we have a daily circle time and show and tell where children are encouraged to relate to adults and listen to thier friends. we encourage the children to talk about thier home life and also about what they have been doing i.e what they did at the weekend or on their day off if they have one during the week etc. we finish off circle time each day with a choice of songs and rhymes chosen by the children where we all sing together and learn new rhymes.

14) if we have a child at within the setting who has communication difficulties as English may not be thier first language we can contact an outside agency to get futher support. we can work closely with the parents and learn some of the child's first language key words. we need to remember to speak slowly and clearly and face the child when speaking making full use of facial expression. we can also use picture images and have pictures up around the setting explaining the routine. (in my old setting we made 'flash cards' made up and stuck them on a cupboard board of the daily routine- hang coat up, play time etc, and once we did one thing child's key worker will go with child to take last pic down and talk about whats happening next- he had austim) we can also provide more one to one support for the child.

16) we support maths in the nursery by doing counting each morning. counting the number of boys and girls, identifying which there is more of and also include sorting by encouraging children to identify what group they are in by the colours they are wearing. we also have number jigsaws and also dominos to encourage matching, we have sorting bears where the children are encourage to sort the colours and sizes of the bears and count each group. this is important as maths and counting, sorting and matching will help a child for when they are ready to begin school and again is an important basis to learning. (would also say this area covers no 17 as well)

19,20)

children are given daily opportunities with outdoor recreation daily to develop their physical skills. also each week planned PE lessons are provided where pupils learn to use different equipment such as ropes, balance beams, bats and balls. this is a regular lesson within the school and is important for the pupils as not only does it help them to release pent up energy and frustrations through the physical play and also helps them to develop confidence as they achieve
wow brilliant work, thank you sooooooo much for this, its really helped me. no i have to get my head going on why and how on 220, and 221.

any chances you can help please.

rak
Unread 04-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

cheryllm is on a distinguished road

Thanks Chelsey-Lou this was a fantastic help