Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 08-24-2015, 05:04 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Anne123 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Unit 115 - Promote positive behaviour

I really really really don't like this unit!!! :(

Can anyone help me with the last bits I have left.

I kept looking at them and looking and looking, but I cant work out what I need to look into, or say or anything. I think it might be because I am so close to the end and my brain has decided to go away now! lol If anyone can help get me started on the right path it would be very much appreciated. Thanks :) SOS helpSOS helpSOS help

4.1 Identify types of challenging behaviours

4.2 Explain the steps that are taken to maintain the dignity and respect for an individual when responding to an incident of challenging behaviour

5.2 Describe how an individual can be supported to reflect on an incident including
• How they were feeling at the time prior to and directly before the incident
• Their behaviour
• The consequence of their behaviour
• How they were feeling after the incident
5.3 Describe the complex feelings that may be experienced by others involved or witnessing an incident of challenging behaviour
5.5 Describe the steps that should be taken to check for injuries following an incident of challenging behaviour

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-24-2015, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, depending on the type of setting you work in, age of children and your role your will find your response to these criteria are most easily evidenced through a professional discussion with your assessor.

4.1 the CYPOP 41/HSC 3045/Unit 115 suggests types of challenging behaviour you can identify ie:

Challenging behaviour may include behaviours that are:

• Repetitive / obsessive
• Withdrawn
• Aggressive
• Self-injurious
• Disruptive
• Anti-social or illegal
• Verbally abusive

4.2 requires knowledge of your setting's policy and procedure for maintaining the dignity and respect for an individual when responding to an incident of challenging behaviour.

ie. you understand how to behave yourself, be a role model, show respect, react appropriately and proportionally to an incident.

5.2 This again will relate to your setting's policy and procedures for promoting positive behaviour. It might mean how your setting uses ABC charts - finding the cause from the challenging behaviour foundation, observations or behaviour plans.

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/show...ging+behaviour

The criteria then takes you through the step-by-step process an incident can take ie. what might of been happening, what does happen and what an outcome is.

This helps you to see what your role enables you to do in assisting individuals by encouraging them to talk, name and express their emotions, feelings, views, experiences in non-injurious or harmful ways.

You can address anger with understanding and an explanation of rules, explain expectations, offer alternative choices.

Understanding children's behaviour on CAFamily

Level 2 guidance on promoting positive behaviour from HodderEducation

If consequences/interventions/punishments are used they will be detailed in your setting's policies.

5.3 Describe the complex feelings that may be experienced by others involved or witnessing an incident of challenging behaviour

Consider an incident you've witnessed or been involved in and how children might react & respond ..

experiencing confusion - what happened, why? fear that it could happen to them or another, sadness that it happened at all, that it couldn't be stopped, that it might of been an accident, that it might of been on purpose, mistrusting those around them, blame, revenge, accusation and defence, guilt at not being able to stop what was happening, upset that someone was hurt.

5.5 Describe the steps that should be taken to check for injuries following an incident of challenging behaviour

How would you do this in your setting?

Hth
the cost of ad blockers