Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 06-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

gracygrey is on a distinguished road
Default CYP Core 3.3 2.1 - 2.4 importance of safeguarding and chilcare act summary

Hi, I am hoping to get some of this unit done tonight so any help with 2.1 - 2.3 would be amazing

2.1 explain the importance of safeguarding children and young people
2.2 explain the importance of child centered approach
2.3 explain what is meant by partnership working in the context of safeguarding
x

================================================== ====
Information on each individual CYPW unit can be found on this page
================================================== ====

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

2.1 It is important to safeguard children and young people because no one deserves to be abused whether it be physical, sexual or emotional abuse and no child or young person deserves to be neglected and we as a society have a duty to protect them from harm. Every child deserves to live without the fear of harm or abuse. If we protect children from harm they are more likely to grow up into confident members of society. Children with a disability are three times more likely to experience abuse and neglect and its up to us as practitioners to recognise the signs and symptoms to protect all children.

2.2 The importance of a child or young persons centred approach is to understand that every child is different. The national framework of Every Child Matters was set up to support the joining up of services to ensure every child can achieve the five Every Child Matters outcomes. Support is offered to children to enable them to be healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution and achieve economic well-being. All services aimed at children or young people are based around the planning and meeting of the individual needs. Children’s wishes should be taken into account during decision making to give them a sense of belonging and not to be made to feel as though its them who’s to blame this should be done in a sensitive manner and they should be listened to to find out how they are feeling and what they would like.

2.3 The importance of partnership working to safeguard is that agencies and other professionals need to work together, it starts with government legislation right through to local working. Each professional or agency will have a different role of expertise so vulnerable children will need coordinated help from health, education, children social care and the voluntary sector and often the justice services so its important that there is good communication within all the different services available. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children depends on effective partnership working between agencies and professionals all people involved in the welfare of a child have a duty to safeguard them. Police, health, visitor, GP, hospital, child minder, nursery, school, after school club, leisure groups such as football, swimming, brownies, social worker, family, friends, neighbours and the local community are all responsible for safeguarding our children and young people and its important we all work and communicate together. The common assessment framework provides a way for early intervention for children before it reaches crisis point. It is a shared assessment and planning framework for all communication and that information is shared between different professionals and organisations. The assessment framework centres on child safeguarding and promoting welfare. practitioners to use who work with children. Its aimed at helping with
hope this helps and gives you some ideas x

----------------------------------
Level three CYPW handbooks on amazon
Unread 06-15-2011, 05:59 PM

That is so kind of you thank you.
Can I just ask, how much do you write on average for a question like those?
I have found myself doing an A4 typed sheet or more for most questions am I doing too much which is why this course seems to be taking ages?
Would you mind if I showed you what I had written for 1.4 inquiries and serious case reviews? sounded ok in my head but now not so sure
Unread 06-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi,
im doing CYPW 3 diploma and for the safeguarding unit i did 16 pages of written work with many, many hours spent researching it was the 1st unit i did im hoping to finish next month fingers crossed. are you on same course and it really is lots of hard work what with work and a child to look after. And i will have a look at what you have written thats not a problem we are all here to help one another with help and advice x
Unread 06-15-2011, 06:39 PM

Yep Lev 3 diploma CYPW as well. Will pm you my piece as putting it up on here might make it obvious I am getting it all wrong so I would rather that was done a bit more privately :laughing:
I am really struggling to fit this course in, work 7 days a week, 2 kids under 6 and a DH who delegates the running of his 2 businesses to me - joy!

thank you again
Claire x
Unread 10-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Georgette2000 is on a distinguished road

This has been a great help! I am struggling through child development and safeguarding as my first two units on my level 3 diploma! I have asked my assessor how much I need to write and how much detail I need to have included.... she told me as long as I cover the assessment criteria and explain clearly my knowledge that fine!!? She pointed out that the level 3 diploma is around the equivalent of doing three A levels... so alongside working 60 hours a week and running a home... might be why I am struggling!! Pleased to hear someone else has written 16 pages for safeguarding... maybe I am on the right track!! :}
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

maudy16 is on a distinguished road

Hi ladies sorry to jump on your post, I am totally in agreement I am finding this course very difficult, I have only just started and thought it was my management skills but I have come to realise there is just so much content.
I only work as a volunteer at a local school 3 days but have 3 littlies, 2 of which have reading and homework to do. There are just not enough hours in the day :( but this site is fantastic I have only used it for this unit on Safeguarding but it has given me a starting point as to where to be looking.
So thanks to all that post - I promise once I am more on track with my schedule ill be trying to help as much as the other lovely people on here.
Unread 10-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

hayley1979 is on a distinguished road

what are all the points that should be in the answer to question 1.1 please outline the current legislation that underpins the safeguarding of children and young people with own uk thanks :)
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:00 PM

Chippyjo123 is on a distinguished road

Hi Hayley, lot of work for this piece.

a) The Children Act 1989 – Local authorities, courts and parents, together with other agencies in the UK were allocated duties to ensure children and young people are safeguarded, and to promote their welfare. The idea is that children and young people are best cared for within their own families, but provisions are made for those parents and families that are unable to co-operate with statutory bodies.
Any delays in the system when a child’s welfare is at risk will have detrimental impact on their wellbeing. The child’s welfare is paramount.
The child is listened to and their wishes are taken into account alongside physical and emotional needs, age, sex, background circumstances, the likely effect of the child and the harm suffered or likely to suffer. The parent’s ability to provide these needs to the child or young person and the powers available to the court are also a consideration.
Family links should be maintained, either through visits or other forms of contact. Both parents are important, and attachments should be respected, sustained and developed. The law does not distinguish between married and unmarried as long as both parents have a parental responsibility.

Young people under the age of 18 are classed as a child.

For those dealing with children and young people on a daily basis, the children’ activities must be planned to ensure learning and play is enjoyable whilst in a safe and secure environment. The ratio between staff and children must be adhered to under the act guidelines which are issued by the Department of Education and Employment. The welfare of the child is the priority, together with their rights and wishes, therefore good communication with the child, together with all those involved in their welfare must be carried out on a daily basis. Staff must be aware of how to report any concerns and follow the correct procedures. Social Workers are allowed under the Act to make enquires, and Police can take a child in to Police Protection if significant harm is evident.

b) The Education Act 2002 – Regulation came into force 1st August 2003. It was enforced to have safeguard standards in the classroom and to preserve the role, status and responsibility of qualified teachers in schools. It clarifies the respective roles of qualified teachers and staff in schools, and other staff that are unqualified (support staff) carrying out specific work relating to teaching and learning.
School governing bodies, local education authorities and further education institutions were required to have arrangements in place to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.

For those working with children and young people, CRB or DBS checks must be passed, to ensure that all adults are suitable to be in the classroom environment. It indicates indicates who can do what in the classroom and how much supervision they require. Children are not left on a one to one basis with a teacher or support worker in case of allegations of abuse. Any suspected abuse is reported to a designated teacher, where investigating agencies may become involved. This involves training and ensuring teachers and support staff is aware of their duties and in recognising the signs of child abuse.

c) The Children Act 2004 – This act was enforced after the response to the 2002 Victoria Climbie inquiry report. Every Child Matters (ECM).
This act placed the duty on every local authority to appoint a lead director and member for children and young people services.
The principles for the care and support if children are
• Allow children to remain healthy
• Allow children to remain safe in their environment
• Help children to enjoy life
• Assist children to succeed
• Help make a positive contribution to the lives of children
• Help achieve economic stability for our children’s’ futures.

The Children Act 2004 made provision for a Children’s Fund, designed to eradicate poverty and financial hardship by families who may be disadvantaged. The fund ensures children between the age of five to thirteen are in regular attendance at school and to reduce the risk of crime by children between this age if possible.• contribution to the lives of children

The Children Act 2004 made provision for a Children’s Fund, designed to eradicate poverty and financial hardship by families who may be disadvantaged. The fund ensures children between the age of five to thirteen are in regular attendance at school and to reduce the risk of crime by children between this age if possible.• contribution to the lives of children

The Children Act 2004 made provision for a Children’s Fund, designed to eradicate poverty and financial hardship by families who may be disadvantaged. The fund ensures children between the age of five to thirteen are in regular attendance at school and to reduce the risk of crime by children between this age if possible.

The implantation of information databases, which allows practitioners to identify a child they have contact with, and if the child is obtaining the education and primary health care they are entitled to. LEA’s and governing bodies can use this information to safeguard and promote the welfare of children under this act. Information can be exchanged in the interest of children subject to family procedures.

d) Working together to safeguard children 2006/2010 – This sets out how organisations and individuals should work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in accordance with the Children Act 1989 and Children Act 2004.
The 2006 report was updated following the publication of Lord Laming’s report, The protection of Children in England: A Progress Report in March 2009. It was updated to reflect developments in legislation, policy and practice relating to safeguarding children.
Protecting children from harm and enhancing their welfare under this legislation depends on a shared responsibility and effective working relationship between different agencies.
• All agencies are to make arrangements to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
• Setting up of Local Safeguarding Children’s Boards (LSCBs)

Hope that helps Jo
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:12 PM

hayley1979 is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much Jo that is a big help xx