Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 01-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

garfield is on a distinguished road
unit 312 supporting numeracy level 3 unit 1.1-1.4

Hi I am now onto my optional modules for my diploma and the numeracy one seemed like a option, however I am now unsure of the answers for:
-importance of learning provisions
-summerise national curriculum framework including age related expectations
-and, for summarise the organisations policy and curriclum framework do they just want to know that my secondary school follows the national currulum and framework!?

many thanks

Last edited by garfield : 01-03-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling and improve appearance

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to silkysteps.

Provisions would involve how the setting offers opportunitites for math eg. any programmes and schemes of work that the setting has to support its learners, classroom resources, numbers of staff, knowledge of strategies that help individual learning styles.

If you take a look at the secondary curriculum - on Education.gov.uk and subject of numeracy/mathmatics you'll be able to formulate a summary once linked to the age of children your setting provides for.

and yes :), can you ask the setting for its numeracy policy, it'll help explain how they do follow the curriculum.

Supporting teaching and learning in secondary schools handbook on amazon.co.uk

NOS for STL on education.gov.uk

and from OCR the TDA Unit support numeracy development
Quote:
Numeracy: a proficiency which involves confidence and competence with numbers and measures. It requires an understanding of the number system, a repertoire of computational skills and an inclination and ability to solve number problems in a variety of contexts. Numeracy also demands practical understanding of the ways in which information is gathered by counting and measuring, and is presented in graphs, diagrams and tables.

Strategies for supporting learners to develop numeracy skills and to use and apply mathematics, e.g.:
 helping learners to interpret and follow instructions
 reminding learners of teaching points made by the teacher
 questioning and prompting learners
 helping learners to select and use appropriate mathematical resources, e.g. number lines, measuring instruments, games, computer software and learning programmes
 explaining and reinforcing correct use of mathematical vocabulary
 using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage learners to stay on task
 introducing follow-on tasks to reinforce and extend learning, e.g. problem-solving tasks, mathematical games, puzzles.

Numeracy skills covers the skills needed to use and apply mathematics including:
 counting and understanding numbers
 knowing and using number facts
 calculating
 understanding shape
 measuring
 handling data.

Using and applying mathematics: problem solving or pursuing a line of enquiry that involves representing ideas using numbers, symbols or diagrams, reasoning and predicting and communicating results orally or in writing.
Other thread that might be helpful:
http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16375

Hth, enjoy the site xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

vickithomas1 is on a distinguished road

Please if anyone can help I'm soo stuck on [I]summarise the national curriculum framework for mathematics including age related expectations of learners as relevant to the setting?[/I]xxx
Unread 05-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Pauly is on a distinguished road

Help please I need a bit extra for unit 18 1.2 - 1.4
Tar Pauly
Unread 06-15-2018, 06:39 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

tinytim is on a distinguished road

I too am confused with this optional unit, I am looking for national policies that relate to numeracy development??