Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 06-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Amywadsie is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Help!! New tp this which course to do 1st? Level 2/3????

Hi iv applied for children and young peoples workforce course level 2 and been accepted. The tutor finks as im 28 n already have 3 children I can skip level and go straight to level 3?? Will it be betta to do level 2 will school's want level 2 &3? Help!! Plus I have to pay for my course so want to make the right choice

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-17-2013, 10:27 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

i dont take any learners who haven't done a level 3 because you wont have the experience of child development, theory or just the confidence to be able to research and write a 3000 word assignment. i also believe that people should take their learning slow and really embed what they're learning building their knowledge and experience. i have loads of mum loads! and they all did a 2 first and say that it was the best thing they did. being a mum is NOTHING to do with being an early years professional. silly tutor. when I'm interviewing for staff i look for depth of learning
there are many here who say that you can skip BUT look at the questions they ask, the most basic fundamental knowledge alludes them. says a lot
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:33 AM

yes i thought it would be better to do a 2 first as i havent been in school/ work for so long, so it will probably be a shock to my brain to dive str8 into level 3!x because im 28 and have to pay for my course do you know if i can get any help with fees? the course is part time and and £800 x
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:51 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

if you are on benefits you will get a concessionary fee for a level 2 then next year you will get a student loan for the the level 3

take the slow rd it is far far better.
Unread 06-17-2013, 03:36 PM

No not on any benefits unfortunately if was ud get it all on a plate! Feel very unfair but hey ho
X
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

misssparkles is on a distinguished road

I agree, i'd do the level 2 first. On my level 3 course, I'm the only person who has previously completed the level 2, and gained working experience, everyone else is new to childcare and have gone straight in at level 3. Most of these are struggling with the level of work, and the knowledge required. I felt more prepared starting my level 3, as I have gained some underlying knowledge from my level 2. I know it is a money consideration, but professionally you will benefit from taking the long route. Also, I feel it is a bit irresponsible of your tutor to suggest skipping a level on the basis of your age and the fact you have children. I too am 28 and have a child, but I feel the biggest impact on my professional career has been gaining knowledge and experience within the childcare field. I like to think, start from the bottom and work your way up.
Good luck with whichever option you choose
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:15 PM

fizzuk83 is on a distinguished road

If you dont have a degree or hnd you can do an apprenticeship which gives you the practical experience through a placement in a school, money in your pocket and also a qualification to go with it usually the supporting teaching and learning in schools qualification....i would look in to that I couldnt get on it because I already have a higher qualification but its in a different field to working with children.

The age limit used to be 16-24. But the government has changed this and there is no age limit anymore.

info
http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/

vacancies

https://apprenticeshipvacancymatchin...1UiFoegg%3d%3d
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:52 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kerry-lou is on a distinguished road

i'm 24 and just finishing my level 3 and i got free funding through a local college. i just had to be in placement for 16 hours so i volunteer every morning at a local school x