Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 01-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Chlobbers is on a distinguished road
General question Which book is best for EYE CYPW CCLD level 3 diploma? - book recommendation for the Children & Young People's workforce

Hello,

Newbie here

I was just wondering how many people are doing the L3 diploma for CYPW as a distance learning course through a college? Also can anyone shed some light on why I am noticing people referring to different unit names, is this just because they are doing different courses?

Also which level 3 book is better CACHE or Heinemann textbook??

Cheers

Chlobbers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-17-2012, 08:16 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

the cache handbook is far better the heinneman one was rushed out when the course changed so is full of errors specifically the unit names if doping it with cache. the names are different depending on who you are doing it with
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi. for CYPW the collins one has the content laid out most clearly linked to each individual unit. This title doesn't include any optional units. So you will need to have good contact with your tutor. The heinneman one I feel is most user friendly, it some title errors which tutors are almost certainly aware. The cache handbook is a great title for seasoned practioners or learners enrolled with cache, it's indexed using the SHC/EYMP/CYP acronyms enabling it to be used by all readers although there is some difference in the use of titling. Miranda Walker 's book is good for reference.

If buying isn't an option, try to secure one at your library, from a friend or college. Where support is lacking, and for anyone finding themselves feeling overwhelmed by what they're expected to do one of these handbooks will be hugely beneficial.

Hth, welcome to the site, hope you find it of use xx

Book fronts ..

Collins ----- Heinemann ----- Cache - - -- Miranda Walker

For England's Early Years Educator course

There continues to be a difference in the titling of qualifications that cover the Early Years Educator requirements for level 3 practitioners in England (as from September 2014) This list from education.gov.uk will help see which handbook would be most appropriate for your course Early years educator approved qualifications

Broad knowledge -
this is handbook will support learners
Cache level 3 England - EYE Early years educator book

In addition, there are also handbooks specifically tailored to the classroom learner and the work based learner published by Hodder Education. Please check with your course provider as to which title they recommend you loan or buy.

If a qualification falls under Edexcel certification - as the awarding body and the UK wide Level 3 Diploma in Children's Learning and Development (Early Years Educator) there's a linked handbook on this page of amazon.co.uk Pearson handbook - for the work based learner

--------------------------
TaGwords
which book should I get for CYPW level 3 diploma
What book would you recommend for level 3 children and young peoples workforce
good book for level 3 children diploma
book recommendation level 3 CYPW
level 3 cypw book
level 3 books children and young people's workforce diploma
handbook for childcare course?
book review for cypw level 3
early years educator level 3 learner handbook
EYE textbook

the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-18-2012, 08:55 AM

Chlobbers is on a distinguished road

Thank you, you have both been a help!

xx
Unread 10-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Jo1988 is on a distinguished road

The Collins one yes, that's the one i just ordered and I use at my study days, its so good :)
Unread 10-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Kellym3 is on a distinguished road

Hi I have both books and use lots from both though nether over new EYFS just old xx
Unread 01-29-2013, 01:16 PM

Froggie is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am using the Heinemann CYPW early learning and childcare, and although it is not up todate with the revised EYFS, I feel it has been invaluable and can recommend it, however I have not used any others so have nothing to compare.
As for the revised EYFS we should all by now have received some training by and be familiar with the small changes. I don't think using either of the books everyone has mentioned will make much difference. I am 70% through and get the feeling this course is not about just using one text book, it's about research and using lots of different sources, like websites, Birth to fives, NCMA, EYFS literature, ECM literature, your own settings policies and procedures and other adults who you network with. Good Luck...
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

wellyboot1330 is on a distinguished road

Hi I've been using the Heineman one and its the one my tutor recommended, I find it very helpful
Unread 04-20-2013, 08:39 PM

Natalia is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone

i use supporting teaching and learning in schools
by Louise burnham and brenda baker

its really great and explains things in detail but in a simple way!if that makes sense! lol

Natalia
Unread 10-28-2013, 02:51 PM

Lil Miss Scary is on a distinguished road

The latest Cache book is fabulous and one I recommend to my learners to get.