Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 09-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Andreia is on a distinguished road
Default Observation visit from my assessor..

Please can anyone help me!? I will have to be assessed pretty soon, would like to know how it works! How many hours the assessor stay at my work place? How many days he will be coming to the setting to assess me? Please who already have been through this process tell me your experience.. was it OK, stressful? Thanks a lot! xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-23-2015, 05:13 PM

todite88 is on a distinguished road

I didn't find it sstressful tutor just comes along and sits observing just got on llike they weren't there x
Unread 09-24-2015, 05:32 PM

Ok thanks for the reply.. But could you tell me how it works? How long she stays there, and how many days she will be coming back? thanks
Unread 09-24-2015, 06:07 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

haven't the college been through it with you and haven't you met her?????? my students have a complete plan for each visit and the assessor meets them beforehand. they would never just jump in. how unprofessional
Unread 09-24-2015, 06:48 PM

todite88 is on a distinguished road

They tell me the date they wil come and what I'm being observed on so I can be prepared..there usually maybe 2 hours I'll only be having 3 observations with my level 3 x
Unread 09-25-2015, 09:04 AM

Hi there..
well I asked my assessor and she gave me all the information. The thing is, I do the course online. She will give me all the planing thing before she comes and it will be agreed between me and her, but as I never really worked in a Nursery before (only nanny and baby sitting) I was curious how is it. I want to read the experience really.. but I guess everyone here work in a nursery so is not a bid deal as it is for me. Thanks :)
Unread 09-29-2015, 02:53 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

mrsh_25 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I had an observation on friday and my assessor just stayed long enough to watch me do a literacy activity with a group of children and give me some quick feedback, she was there half hour tops.
Good luck!
Unread 09-29-2015, 07:04 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

half an hour is a disgrace cheap training and appalling support
they should be there min of 2 hours then discuss your practice with you then complete your portfolio and plan your next visit. please tell me it was a private provider and not cache.
Unread 09-29-2015, 07:13 PM

Care-Worker is on a distinguished road

Do assesses take you to the side at the end of observations to look at your work? I'm having a similar problem that my assessor has never looked at any of my work and it's slowly growing larger and I have no idea if any of it is right.
Unread 09-29-2015, 07:47 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

mrsh_25 is on a distinguished road

I'm doing mine through the local college but am registered with cache. I am work based and having an observation in school once every 4-6 weeks. My next visit is already planned and I submit my assignments as I do them. Can ring my assessor at anytime for support if needed x