Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 07-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

charliechip is on a distinguished road
Default Unit 301 stls

hi I have only just started this and found this forum, i feel like I am repeating myself a lot, do not really know how much the tutor is expected me to write, i am doing it long distance... This is my first assignment and just finishing outcome 2 and struggling about the difference between talking to children and adults...any suggestions, would you put it in a table (i feel like I waffle)
The thing is i feel that there should not be that much difference apart form the language we use with younger children in order for them to understand, as we still need to show children as much respect, time, care etc, or are the tutors looking for the differences e.g email text letter !!! please help I am trying to do this with a 7 y and 3 yr old running about and preparing a roast dinner

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi

can you tell me the heading of the unit, because we all have different unit numbers and then i can relate your question to my unit numbers

Lynne
Unread 07-08-2012, 11:12 PM

charliechip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn c View Post
Hi

can you tell me the heading of the unit, because we all have different unit numbers and then i can relate your question to my unit numbers

Lynne
Hi Lynn sorry only just got notification.
The unit heading is Communication and professional relationships with children young persons and adults
Have just finished lastmin.com has to be in today and just sent it with 1 hr to spare
I have found it difficult getting back into studying as not done it for 8 years, and with 2 children balancing my work and studying and putting in 16hrs placement work as a single mum, I am considering whether I have bit off more than i can chew...
I have found with this first assignment that I was repeating myself so I am going to wait to see what my tutor says and have thought of maybe a better way of setting out the assignments !! will see, thank you for replying to me, I am sure i will be back on here in no time and hopefully may help out others too, its great to have this forum on here, i feel quite isolated doing it long distance, now I have finished I can retire to bed
Unread 09-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

heena1981 is on a distinguished road

hi i am stuck on outcome 1.... 1.2 explain the principles of relationship building with children yp and adults

pls help :(
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:24 PM

Rosyred is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heena1981 View Post
hi i am stuck on outcome 1.... 1.2 explain the principles of relationship building with children yp and adults

pls help :(
I wrote this and have had the unit signed off now.

In any context, the principles of relationship building with children and adults are the same. People in our company should feel comfortable. This hopefully will encourage more effective communications between each party. People are likely to avoid each other if they are suspicious of intention or they do not get along. Communications are subsequently broken down.
Positive relationships need to be nurtured and developed and do not happen by luck. They are built upon everyday with others and there are certain factors that help us maintain the positivity.
Some factors we may do without actively thinking about, others may require a little more effort on our part. Effective communication happens in many different ways and is the key factor in developing relationships with children and adults alike.
To develop a positive relationship with someone we must show them respect. We should be courteous and actively listen to their opinions and points of view. We should be mindful that adults and children may be from different backgrounds or cultures to our own which may mean they have a different perspective on issues, values and beliefs. We must always acknowledge these views and respect them. Even taking the time to remember names and the preferred way to be addressed can greatly improve a relationship.
Another factor that can help to build a positive relationship is asking about and remembering personal issues or important aspects of another person’s life. This could be as simple as remembering a birthday or asking after a family member. It shows the other person that you have listened to what they have told you and placed some importance to it.
We should also be considerate and take the time to understand that sometimes children and adults have other concerns and issues out of school that are occurring in their life. This could lead to them behaving or reacting out of character or in an unexpected way.
We should ensure we take the time to listen to others, especially if they ask us for advice or assistance. They may wish to confide in us and we should make sure we show interest in what they say and respond in an appropriate way.
If we give information to others we should always ensure we are clear on key points. This is especially important with children who may find it difficult to maintain attention. Repeating back the instructions is a good strategy to gauge what has been heard and also reinforces the key points raised.
To maintain effective communication it is important to feel comfortable and ideally relaxed. Maintaining a sense of humour allows us to see the lighter side of a situation and hopefully prevents a situation from becoming stressful. Laughter can also be a good way to release tension.
Unread 07-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

smithlaura15 is on a distinguished road

Can anyone help please....?

Q1.1 Explain why effective communication is important in developing positive relationships with children, young people and adults:

Q1.2 Explain the principles of relationship building with children, young people and adults:

I feel like im repeating myself for both answers?! What can I write that's different as I though I had answered 1.1 ok and now im confused on what to put for 1.2? Please help??????

Laura
Unread 10-15-2015, 02:05 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Topper42 is on a distinguished road

Hello can anyone help me on level 3 teaching diploma unit 301 1.1 1.2 1.3 please
Unread 10-15-2015, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi have you researched in your level 3 handbook or taken a look through this sample chapter from Pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk ?

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers